𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"JAKE hyung skipped class today." Riki pouts as he sits down next to Jungwon. He leans over to kiss his boyfriend on the cheek without explaining further and Heeseung raises an eyebrow.

"Is that a bad thing? That Jake skipped class?" He asks, looking between Jungwon and Riki worryingly.

Riki snorts as he pulls away from Jungwon. "Bad? Hyung, it's practically impossible to get him to willingly skip. He comes even when he's sick. I asked Jay hyung about it 'cause I know they spend lunch together and he just said hyung came from his lecture looking really upset."

Heeseung frowns and looks down at his food. Riki's words ring in his ear even as he starts to bring up a new topic to Jungwon, animatedly swinging his hands in the air and smiling widely as he talks about the new variation on one of his favorite games.

He hasn't known Jake for long, yet he knows that he doesn't like it when the younger man is upset or not feeling well.

What happened with you, Jaeyun-ah?

He spends the rest of their time together in the library in a slump. He answers halfheartedly when Jungwon asks him if he's okay and he forgets about studying for his upcoming exam in favor of staring at his phone, waiting for a text from Jake that never comes.

He finds himself in a daze throughout his remaining classes, checking his phone every other minute and almost crying by the end of them when he gets the idea that maybe Jake just doesn't want to talk to him.

He walks through the corridors with his head down, occasionally lifting it to apologize to another student he's bumped into. Officially free from the stress of his lectures, he just wants to go home and relax. Maybe take a nice shower and eat some food that isn't just ramyeon for once.

"Hey! Heeseung, wait up!"

He pauses, lifting his head just as Jimin appears at his side. "Oh. Hey Jimin Noona. What's up?"

She frowns, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay? You've looked pretty down all day."

Heeseung shrugs, running a hand through his hair and sighing. "I'm okay, just worried about Jake. He's been kinda quiet all day."

"Hey," Jimin says, using her grip on Heeseung's shoulder to turn his body towards her. "You shouldn't be thinking of all that. You should be thinking of how you're gonna graduate in a few months."

Heeseung sighs. "I know that, noona. But I'm still worried about Jake. Do you have classes with him? Did he look okay?"

Jimin sighs. "He looked fine, alright? I don't talk to him so I wouldn't know. Maybe he just got sick and went home. You're spending too much time dwelling on it."

"Maybe you're right," he mumbles. "Do you wanna go get something to eat? I'll pay."

Jimin cheers, wrapping her arm around Heeseung's shoulder and directing him off of campus and towards the main roads. "As long as I get to choose."

"Deal."

❁❁❁

It doesn't take him long to realize Jake isn't gonna show. He's been standing in the middle of the path for an hour now, staring down the path so he sees exactly when Jake rounds the corner. Except Jake hasn't shown up and he feels like an idiot standing and waiting for him.

He texted him almost half an hour ago to ask if they could meet up but Jake had only left the message on seen and never responded.

He felt dejected. He had no idea what was going on or why Jake was ignoring him. Things were going so great for them. Now it's all gone down the drain and he doesn't even have a clue as to why or how.

He can't help the few tears that slip from his eyes. How could he let Jake slip from his fingers so easily?

 How could he let Jake slip from his fingers so easily?

Uhhh. Sorry? I've been working on a few other projects so that's why it's taken me a while to come back and update. Just so I don't take so long this time, I've already started chapter sixteen and I'll try to get it up in a few days :))