𝐓𝐄𝐍

WHEN Jake wakes up the next morning he feels warmer than he's ever felt this entire Winter. He skips down the streets toward the cafe with a happy smile, giggling to himself. He must look crazy to the other people passing on the streets but he's too happy to care. He shoves his hands into his pockets to escape from the chilling air, stopping when he feels his phone vibrate against his fingers.

He pulls it from his pocket, eyes widening in surprise when he sees Heeseung's contact flashing across the screen. Hiking his bag up his shoulder, he swipes on the green answer icon, pressing the phone against his ear.

"Hey!"

Heeseung chuckles on the other line, voice raspy and deep. "Jaeyun-ah. Hi."

Jake blushes and looks down at his shoes, noticing how his shoelaces are dragging. "Do you need something, Hee hyung? I'm on my way for coffee."

Heeseung hums in acknowledgement. The sound of shuffling from Heeseung can be heard over the chatter of the students on campus. "Is it okay if I join you? Hyung misses you."

Jake giggles softly, picking at a stray piece of lint on his coat. "I'm not sure if Jay and Sunghoon would mind. It's usually our only time before our lectures start for the day."

Heeseung clicks his tongue and the sound of his tap turning on fills Jake's ears. "I don't think they'll really mind, Jaeyun-ah. What time is your lecture?"

Jake tilts his head, hiking his bag up again when it slips down his arm. "Eleven."

"That's fantastic. Mine is eleven-fifteen." Heeseung murmurs. "How about I walk with you?"

Jake smiles softly. "Is that something you really want, hyung?"

"Mhm," Heeseung hums. "I do."

Jake huffs, trying to sound as pouty as he can since Heeseung can't see his face. "Fine. But you have to be there at ten thirty on the dot. I'll send you my location."

Heeseung cheers and Jake listens as the older giggles to himself. He's clearly excited and Jake feels his heart swell with joy. That is until he feels someone shoulder check him harshly and the feeling of hot coffee spilling all over his front. He curses, jumping back and pulling the spoiled shirt away from his skin as the person gasps.

"Jaeyun?" Heeseung asks. "Is something wrong?"

Jake curses again, staring at the person whose coffee just spilled all over him as he mourns over the stain on his shirt. The boy is cute. He's got rudy cheeks and dark red hair that falls over his fox-like eyes. But the way he sneers at Jake is definitely not cute.

No. That's not cute at all.

"Jaeyun?" Heeseung calls again and Jake snaps out of whatever trance he was in.

Jake coughs, shaking his shirt slightly. "Nothing, hyung. Just spilled coffee. I don't think we'll be able to meet today. I have to go home and-"

"Are you going to pay for my coffee?" the boy suddenly asks, more like demands, his voice rough out of anger and his eyes narrowed.

Jake startles, stumbling back a step. "Excuse me? Hyung, I think I'm gonna hang up now."

Heeseung sighs. "I'll bring you one of my shirts so just send the location and wait for me, okay?"

"Yeah, sure." Jake mumbles before he pulls his phone away from his ear and disconnects the call. He works on sharing his location with Heeseung. The boy rolls his eyes and huffs once Jake has stuffed his phone in his back pocket, crossing his arms and sending Jake a pointed glare as if he wasn't the one who ran smack dab into Jake.