𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

"WAIT. Hold on a minute," Sunghoon calls out, hands braced against the table. "You mean to tell me that he called you there to kiss you? Like actually kiss you?" Sunghoon looks at him incredulously and Jake sighs for the nth time. He's had to restate that same fact multiple times in the past ten minutes just because Sunghoon "just doesn't believe him."

"Yes, Sunghoon. How many times do I need to say it?"

Jake huffs, looking away from his friends. Unexpectantly, he meets Heeseung's eyes from where he stands at the counter, ordering their drinks. The blonde smiles at him, skin glowing from the winter sunshine that bathes over his skin.

He's beautiful.

Sunghoon sighs, pulling his attention back. "I'm sorry. It's just so hard to believe."

Jake glares at him and Jay shrinks into his seat, looking between the two of them nervously.

"Why can't you?" Jake raises an eyebrow, challenging him.

"Why can't who what?" Asks a third voice and they all look over to see Heeseung holding a tray of drinks. Jake looks up at Heeseung, smiling softly, mood completely switched.

"Nothing, hyung." Jake glances down at his wristwatch, grabbing at his bag. "How do you feel about walking me to class right now?"

Heeseung tilts his head, confused. "Right now?"

Jake nods, standing up and pulling his bag over his shoulder. Sunghoon inhales sharply and Jake grabs both his and Heeseung's coffee from the tray.

"Jake..."

Jake hums, moving until he's next to Heeseung. He looks at Sunghoon, mouth fading into a frown. "I'll call you later. Let's go, hyung."

Heeseung smiles awkwardly at the other two and then he turns to follow Jake. They walk in silence until they're halfway down the sidewalk and away from the cafe.

Jake takes a deep breath, extending his hand out that holds Heeseung's drink. "I'm sorry. That was probably really awkward for you."

Heeseung grabs the cup from his hand, smiling at him softly. "As long as you're okay, Jaeyun-ah."

Jake giggles, grabbing at Heeseung's free hand and intertwining their fingers, swinging their hands between their bodies.

Walking with Heeseung is like a free form of therapy. The older man makes Jake laugh at any chance he can get, rubbing over his knuckles gingerly and smiling down at Jake softly.

He pulls Jake closer when people walk by and he offers to take Jake's bag like the gentleman he is, although Jake declines because he likes the weight of his bag hanging off of his shoulder.

The walk to Jake's lecture hall comes to an end quicker than he would like to admit but he pushes the thought down and turns to face Heeseung with a small smile, gesturing to the propped open door.

"This is me," he whispers.

Heeseung smiles, pulling Jake closer by their connected hands. "Text me when you're out, yeah?"

Jake nods, pulling himself out of Heeseung's hold. He turns to walk into the lecture when he feels Heeseung grab his hand again. Startled, he turns around to see Heeseung smiling sheepishly at him.

"Is it, um, is it okay if I kiss you?" he asks nervously, nipping at his bottom lip.

Jake stares at him before he breaks out into giggles, reaching up onto his tiptoes and cupping Heeseung's cheek tenderly. "Of course you can, Heeseungie."

And then he's pulling Heeseung closer and connecting their lips. The kiss is soft and sweet and Heeseung tastes of strawberries and something else that makes Jake swoon. Heeseung hums, reaching up to place his hand on Jake's nape and tilt his head to the side.

He runs his tongue over Jake's bottom lip, teasing. But then the pulls away, dropping his hand from Jake's nape to his waist and pulling him closer. Jake makes a sound of confusion and Heeseung stares down the hallway, eyebrows furrowed in cofusion.

"Heeseung?" Jake asks softly. "Is something wrong?"

Heeseung grunts, shaking his head. "Nothing. Just thought I heard footsteps from down there."

Jake hums, turning to look down the hallway as well. "It's probably just other people heading to lectures."

He pulls himself out of Heeseung's grip again, smiling up at him as he backs into the lecture hall. "I'll text you later. Get going now, hyung."

Heeseung nods, shoving his hands into his pockets. "See you, Jaeyun-ah!"

Heeseung turns on his heel and begins walking away, bottom lip trapped between his teeth as he tries to fight the urge to jump up and down in giddiness.

Unbeknownst to the two of them, a figure stands just behind the wall Heeseung was staring at just seconds prior, out of sight, phone clenched tightly in their hand as they open Twitter and anonymously send the photo to their schools gossip page.

"Fucking bitch," they mutter, eyes narrowed in malice and anger as they stalk off down the hallway.

Happy February! I'm sorry I was away for a while but I'm back now. I'll try to keep you guys updated on what's going on and I'll try to update more often to push the story forward. I know Twitter is 'X' now but I think it's better to use Twitter so don't come for me lol.

Comment down below if you have an idea of who it was that snapped the photo

:)