𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

THE moment Riki drops himself into his chair at their usual study table, Heeseung knows he's done for. The murderous glare Riki sends him from across the table is proof enough of that. It has Heeseung shaking in his metaphorical boots. Riki and Jake have to be close, he can just feel it in every bone of his body. What other reason would Riki be so angry with him for if not the way he—

"I heard from a little birdie that you blew Jake hyung off after he kinda confessed to you."

The chatter between Jungwon and Sunoo ceases to exist and in the snap of a finger, the table is drowned in silence. And yeah. Heeseung was right. About Riki and Jake being friends. He was also right about Riki being angry at him for— wait what? His face contorts into a grimace.

"What?" he says in disbelief. "I didn't blow Jaeyun off. Where the hell did you even hear that?"

Riki squints at him, lips etched into a deep frowm. "What do you mean you didn't? Jake hyung wouldn't lie about something like that. I mean, he can't lie at all!"

Ah. Okay. That's what Jake has seemed to mistake his silence for. Maybe Lee Heeseung is just a big blundering idiot. So maybe he hurt the feelings of the guy he possibly liked because he was awkward and clueless.

"Well I'm saying I didn't." he bites back with a pout. "I was just embarrassed. He caught me off guard!"

Jungwon snorts, raising a single eyebrow. "Caught you off guard? Really hyung?"

Heeseung flushes, turning towards Sunoo, pleading for help with his eyes. "Sun, help me. How would you feel if someone told you they kinda liked you and then fell asleep just seconds later?"

The silence is back tenfold now and Sunoo looks at him like he's gone crazy. Maybe he has. Maybe this is all a dream he's having while asleep in a psych ward. He wouldn't put it past himself.

"He... fell asleep after?"

Sunoo's question shakes him out of his brain fart and he nods dramatically, making little z's that float away from his head to add to the effect. He stares Sunoo straight in the eyes, waiting.

"Well, um, I guess I would be caught off guard too."

There's more silence before Riki coughs into his fist and Heeseung breaks his intense staring match with Sunoo to look over at him.

"I think Jake hyung may have forgotten to mention that part to Jay and Sunghoon hyung who then didn't have the chance to mention it to me, haha..." Riki scratches at the back of his head, turning away with a guilty expression. "I'm sorry, hyung."

Heeseung grins. "It's fine Riki-ah. No need to worry."

"So? Are you going to talk to him about it?" Jungwon leans against the table, picking at his food.

"I could," Heeseung says with a tilt of the head. "If he wasn't avoiding me like the plague."

Jungwon chokes on his food, smacking a hand against his chest as Riki leans over to rub a hand down his back. Heeseung grimaces. Sunoo frowns.

"Hyung," Riki calls, reaching into his jacket pocket to get his phone. He pulls it out with a little wiggle. "I'll give you Jake hyung's number, if you don't have it already."

He sighs. "What for? It's already been a couple days since I talked to him."

"So you can make up. Duh."

Heeseung hums, nodding. "Okay. But if he gets angry it's all your fault." He takes his phone from his coat pocket, unlocking it and handing it to Riki.

Riki snickers, tapping away on Heeseung's phone. "Yeah, sure."

He hands Heeseung his phone back when he's finished, shooting him a little wink. "Go 'head hyung. He doesn't bite."

Heeseung sighs and looks down at his phone, flushing when he sees the contact name Riki set. Jakey <3. He scowls. One day, he'll get Riki so good he won't ever mess with him again.

💬Me
Meet me at our spot? Please.

💬Me
I want to see you. I need to explain.

❁❁❁

Somewhere on the opposite side of the cafeteria after feeling his phone vibrate in his pocket, Jake takes his phone out and stares at the message with a frown. Sunghoon pauses whatever rant he was on, leaning across the table to try and see Jake's phone.

"What's so important that you're not paying attention to me anymore, Jake-yah?"

Jake yelps in surprise, his phone falling from his hands and clattering onto the table. Sunghoon quickly snatches it up, a smirk pulling on his lips as he shows the screen to Jay. Jake sighs.

"That dick!" Sunghoon curses. "'Meet me at our spot?' Is he serious right now? Yah, if you do go take me with you so I can punch him in his stupidly handsome face."

Jake shrugs, leaning forward to rip his phone out of Sunghoon's hands when he doesn't give it back. "I don't even know how he got my number."

At that, both Jay and Sunghoon freeze, guilty looks on both of their faces. Jake rolls his eyes.

"I heard Riki and him were friends," Jay mumbles. "Maybe he got it from him. You know how Riki is."

"Yeah, that's possible." Jake nods. "Or maybe you two idiots talked him into it in exchange for bungeoppang."

Sunghoon laughs loudly. "Our Jakey. He's so smart, isn't he, Jjongsaeng?"

Jay scowls, smacking his boyfriend on the neck. "Don't call me that, idiot."

Sunghoon pouts, melding into his boyfriend but doesn't say anything back.

"Anyways," Jay says with a small smile, "I think you should go and hear him out. If he doesn't give you a good enough reason for what he did, then you can leave and never see him again."

Jake nods, looking down at his phone

💬 Me
I'll see you tomorrow morning.

💬 MeI'll see you tomorrow morning