Eventhough Koa, Kenzo and Drystan were reassuring him, Malkiel can't help but feel anxious. Why? what was wrong with him? Can't he just trust Serenity? He said he would, so why is he so anxious right now?

"Now, to officially end our Mid-year festival, we'd like to invite in the stage this year's winners of the Battle of the Bands. Play your magic, Phoenix Harmony"

Drystan gathered the four of them and huddled up like they always do and went on stage to their respective instruments. He roamed his eyes on the crowd and when he spotted Galene, his blood went cold. Serenity wasn't with them, it was only Galene and Quincey on the front row just a few feet away from the stage.

Malkiel closed his eyes for a brief moment and played the drums just like how he always did but he couldn't smile all throughout the song.

Where was she? Did something happen? Why didn't he tried calling her earlier? No, why didn't he tried talking to her last night or this morning? Various thoughts and panic rose through and invaded him.

This wasn't good anymore, he didn't like the fact that he was questioning Serenity but he didn't want to feel like this either. He needed answers and right now the closest person who probably knows where Serenity is, is Galene and Quincey.

The crowd's unending cheers, Drystan's voice and the sound of their music were not enough to make Malkiel forget the unsettling feeling he have. So, when the song ended and they had finished their performance, Malkiel was the first to stand up and go to the front row using the makeshift stairs on the side of the stairs.

He approached Galene and Quincey who were both smiling at him. He was about to ask them where Serenity was when he found that their gaze had shifted towards the stage. He also saw how the crowd didn't disperse instead everyone's attention were on stage.

He shifted his gaze and saw that Drystan, Koa and Kenzo were still on stage and they were just looking at him.

"So, uhh there's something we prepared for our friend, Malkiel."

Malkiel didn't understand what was happening but he froze when he saw Serenity coming out of the backstage, her guitar strapped onto her. Drystan gave her the center stage where the microphone stand was and moved towards the drums where he settled.

Malkiel stared at Serenity who was only staring and smiling at him. Serenity was wearing a pale yellow yukata designed with daisies paired with a white obi, her hair adorned by ornaments and her light makeup accentuating her beautiful features.

Malkiel was right when he saw the picture of Serenity's yukata, she did look beautiful in it and it was everything that took his breath away.

"Hi, my name's Serenity and I just want to perform this song for the special person in my life right now"

Malkiel's whole attention was on the center stage where his everything stands. Where the love of his life was. Serenity was just staring straight at him, like there was no one else besides the two of them.

He had felt this before, the only difference was that right now, it was Serenity who was shining brightly on the stage. She started strumming her guitar and the melody quickly followed.

Got that sunset vibe

That drives me wild

It's true ooh ooooooh ooh ooh ooh

That don't care style

That makes me smile

It's you ooh ooh ooh ooh