Chapter 23 : Undying Memories ♡

Manjari's POV;

I open my eyes slowly and groan as I feel the pain in my body and head.

I grab my head in my arms as I feel immense headache.

I then look at my surroundings and see some kind of vintage room. A vase, candles, books, and a photoframe.

I then look down to remove the blanket over me. That's when I see that my clothes are changed. These weren't my clothes!

Where am I?? Did someone caught me!?

But wait!! Ed!!! Ed came to save me!! He saw me!! Is this Ed's house??

But how did I get here?? What happened??

That's when I get flashbacks of what happened.
I got my memory back. I went to Stefan, I called him and...and... he was knocked by a truck. He was bleeding. He was dead!! Omg!!!! And then I was grabbed by DEV!!

I feel so guilty!!!

How did I see someone I loved die infront of my own eyes??

I stop my thoughts when I hear a knock on the door. I then see a woman with some food in her hand, smiling at me.

I get scared and move back. But she comes forward and caresses my head. She looks at me and says "Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you. I'm Claire. Main Edward ki maa hun"

{Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm Claire. And I'm Edward's mother}

I whip my head up when I hear Edward's name. I sigh in relief.

I see her gesturing me to hold the plate and eat the food. I take it and eat the bread with milk.

But as I was taking a second bite, I hear a car horn. I place the plate on the table and remove the duvet. I quickly runover to the nearest window.

And I see a man coming out of the car. He talks to the driver and turns around. It's Edward!! I place my hand on the glass and lean my forehead on it.

I feel tears welling up in eyes. What would have happened if he wouldn't come and save me?

He keeps on walking and and turned his head up. He smiled at me and waved his hand at me.

I too chuckle slightly with my tears and wave my hand.

I see hi s figure disappearing into the house and then I smile. But then my smile fades when I think about the past events.

I lost STEFAN!!!!

How can I be happy by killing someone? It was because of me!!!

I started crying silently. Bur I control them.

I hear Ed coming and I turn around. He doesn't give me time to react and quickly embraces me tightly.

He pulls me closer and kisses my hair.

After awhile, he then pull away from me and grab my have in his hands.

He examines my face and lean forward. He whispers "I love you!"

I look at him and I don't get the same feeling that I used to get before when he used to say 'I love you'

I don't say anyhting and after few seconds, i mutter "Stefan..."

I see his facial features change into a blank expression.

He just looks down and shake his head.

I know what he is saying. I just collapse on the floor and start sobbing hardly.