Chapter 71 - The 6th Floor!

Start from the beginning

In the dungeon, the first five floors were considered the novice area, where only kobolds and goblins would appear under normal circumstances.

Starting from the 6th floor, they would enter the upper part of the dungeon, encountering entirely new types of monsters.

When Luke and Ais learned that Riveria intended to take them deeper into the dungeon, both of them were somewhat happy.

Luke was looking forward to encountering different kinds of monsters.

Despite his formidable strength now, he hadn't seen much of these 'non-human' creatures before.

Witnessing unknown creatures firsthand would undoubtedly spark anyone's interest, and this curiosity was precisely what an adventurer should possess.

Ais, on the other hand, simply felt that she must have grown stronger to be allowed to venture deeper into the dungeon.

She knew that this team had been taking care of her, forcing them to stay in the novice area for a whole week.

Otherwise, with Luke's strength and Riveria guiding them, they could have reached the middle-floors at the very least.

Being able to enter the 6th floor now clearly indicated that her growth was recognized, making Ais particularly happy.

It seemed the dungeon had no intention of disappointing Luke and Ais's expectations.

The moment they entered the 6th floor, a new type of monster emerged from the ground, attacking them.

The 'Killer Ant,' the most common monster in the upper floors of the dungeon, holding a status similar to goblins in the novice area.

It had the appearance of a child-sized, jet-black ant with sharp mandibles and a sturdy exoskeleton.

Generally, when insects were magnified to a certain extent, their appearance became quite terrifying.

While ants were relatively more normal in this regard, killer ant's crimson eyes combined with the black exoskeleton made them look menacing.

The 'Killer Ant' was actually an unfriendly monster for newcomers, primarily due to its hard exoskeleton.

Most novice adventurers were quite impoverished, and gains in the novice area had a very low resale value.

This made it challenging for novice adventurers to save money to buy good equipment.

However, it was also challenging to penetrate the 'Killer Ant's' exoskeleton with ordinary iron weapons.

Therefore, 'Killer Ant' is also known as "newbie killer" for killing a lot of newbie adventurers

However, the typical adventurer's dilemma did not exist for Luke and Ais.

Although Finn advised them not to rely too much on equipment, even so, the weapons provided by Loki Familia to newcomers were sufficient for use up to around the 10th floor.

Piercing the exoskeleton of the 'Killer Ant' was clearly not an issue.

Ais's performance also confirmed this point.

As soon as the monsters appeared, Ais volunteered and charged forward.

The short sword in her hand deftly traced two arcs in the air, instantly slaying the 'Killer Ant.'

However, just as she was happily about to pick up the magic stone fragments, she heard Riveria's serious voice from behind.

"Ais! Don't let your guard down. Watch above you!"

Upon hearing Riveria's reminder, Ais was suddenly shocked.

Without time to regret her momentary complacency, she exerted force and swiftly dodged to the side.

*Splurt!*

*Splurt!*

The sound of something piercing into the ground echoed in the place where Ais had been standing before.

With a narrow escape from the imminent attack, Ais now had the chance to turn around and look at the spot where she had just been.

Two more 'Killer Ants,' identical in appearance to the one she had just slain, were pulling their large mandibles out of the ground.

Like goblins in the novice area, 'Killer Ants' were also monsters that acted in groups.

---

More Chapters (More than 25 Chapters in Advance):
patreon.com/tom22

---

PS: I don't know when I will keep uploading on Wattpad. So, if you want to read more chapters go to my patreon page. I've already uploaded more than 140 chapters.

https://www.patreon.com/Tom22