Chapter 2 , Chosen Protector: Earth's Guardian

Serena was on her way to Ash's home , holding his torn jacket in her hands . As she was walking down streets , only one thing was going in her mind .

' why did Ash told me to lie to everyone that he is dead ? if he would have just told that he is going for training , it would make sense...... ' She thought to herself .

' i guess he don't want Red to know about him ........ that could be a reason i think ........ anyways i hope he come back soon........ i just can't stay away from him after being a couple now... ' She thought and just stepped towards their home .

' what should i say to his mom though ? my eyes are already red so they will believe me at least but this jacket might fail........ i need to switch up things ....' Serena tossed her pokeball in the air and out came her fennekin .

" hey fennekin , can you burn this jacket a bit ?" Serena asked and she nodded .

Fennekin burned the jacket a bit making it look like that Ash took a fire attack head on . she recalled fennekin and then thought of a story to tell them .

" yes , that sounds perfect ." She got an idea and she ran to Ash's house .

She rang the doorbell when she arrived at their doorstep and to her surprise , the gate was opened by her brother Calem .

" what are you doing here Calem ?" Serena asked with teary eyes hiding Ash's jacket behind her .

" i came here because neither you nor Ash returned home and we were worried sick ." Calem said .

" what happened to your face ?" He asked now taking a look at her messy face .

" C-Calem , he is gone forever....." Serena hugged him getting into play .

" What happened Serena , who is gone ?" Calem questioned as he was confused .

" A-ash and p-pikachu are no more..... " Serena showed him Ash's burnt jacket with blood stains .

" w-what are you saying Serena ?" Calem was shocked and speechless after that .

" its true , he was shot in front of me ." Serena said and Calem couldn't believe his ears .

" we gotta tell this to mom and Mrs. Ketchum ." He shouted and dragged her inside Ash's house .

Grace and Delia were sitting in the living room while Red was watching T.V. in his room . They both were talking until a Stunned and sad Calem with a crying and messy Serena came running to them .

" Oh god , Serena what on earth happened to you ?" Grace stood in shock seeing her daughter's condition .

" MOM!!!" She hugged her mom tightly as both the mothers stood confused but Calem was too scared to say anything .

" MOM , ASH's GONE FOREVER!!!" She kept crying on her mom's shoulder .

Her statement , kind of scared and shocked both of them but they still had confusion in their minds .

" what happened Serena ? explain slowly . " Her mother patted her back .

" Ash ran in forest today . after searching for him , i finally found him... and confessed . we both became a couple , i just went to get some water, until then *sniffs* some people came and surrounded Ash . when i went back , i saw a men attacking him with his pokemon and then a-another shot him . i reached out for him but could only grab his jacket..... a-and Ash fell off the cliff ." Serena kept crying and showed them his torn jacket .