Chapter 4.

Lute's POV:

When I woke up I found myself laying in,.. MY BED? I looked to the alarm clock on the little bedside table. It showed 9 am.

"No, no, no."

I jumped out of my bed in a panic, my feet were tangled in my blanket so I fell face first on the floor.

"Shit!"

I quickly kicked the blanket off my feet and ran into the livingroom, but he wasn't there. He was gone. I looked around, searching if he maybe was in the kitchen or bathroom but no, he really left. Was he the one who put me into my bed? Did he fucking carry me? Oh fuck.

I think I'm traumatized, I've never felt so embarrassed before. Defeated I made my way into the bathroom.

As soon as I looked into the mirror I gasped, my hair was completely messy, I had large dark circles under my eyes and just in general I looked like an utter mess. I grabbed the hair brush from the edge of my sink and began to brush my chin-length, white hair. Fuck I really need to shave the undercut again.

How long had Adam stayed last night?
Did he see me like this?

I must've looked to pathetic. Why did I fall asleep? I'm never this unprofessional.

I put the brush back in its place and grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste instead. I needed to move quickly, It was now already past 9 am. Training usually starts 9:30 am.

After brushing my teeth I ran out of the bathroom and back into my bedroom. I grabbed my usual uniform, a bluish grey dress with a white belt around the waist, matching white gloves and boots, which each have one stripe of the same color as the dress.

I rushed to put on my uniform. I grabbed my spear which was still leaning on the bedside table, it still looked good as new, even though I had it ever since I started being Adam's lieutenant. I kept good care of it.

My eyes looked over to the alarm clock again, 9:20. Fuck.

I really needed to hurry the fuck up, I was never late, and I'm not gonna start now. As I opened the door to my apartment to run to the training quarters, I remembered my mask. I almost forgot it.

"Where the fuck did I leave it." And back I was in my bedroom. It wasn't there though. Then I remembered. Before I fell asleep I took it off. I think I was faster than lightning itself when I ran to the couch and didn't even stop to grab it, as soon as I had it in my hand, I was also out the door.

My neighbors were probably annoyed by me because I slammed the door on my way out but I really didn't fucking care right now. All that mattered was that I'm on time for training.

As soon as I opened the exit of the building, I spread my wings and put on my mask. Honestly I didn't watch out for anyone in my way, maybe I pushed one or more people out of my way. Okay maybe I pushed like ten people out of my way but at least I said "Excuse me.", over and over again.

I finally reached the tall modern training quarters, by my calculations it was now 9:25 am. Luckily I didn't live so far away. I swung open the glass doors and rushed to the main training room. Before entering I calmed myself down.

Okay, what happened yesterday with Adam was mad embarrassing but it doesn't matter now. Just concentrate on your training.

I opened the large dark wooden door, most of the exorcist where already present. Normally I'm the first to arrive but at least I'm not the last today.

Immediately my eyes found Adam. Shit. And of course he also found me. With a few steps he was already standing in front of me, looking down at me.

"Oh good morning, sleepyhead. Did you sleep well?" he asked in an sarcastic tone.

Stay professional, stay professional. I told myself over and over again in my head.
"I'm so sorry, Sir. I didn't mean to fall asleep."

"I'm sure you didn't." Again with that sarcastic tone. It was getting on my nerves.

"Good thing I was awake then. So you had someone to carry you to bed." He bent over to come down to my level, his face was suddenly so close to mine, I wanted to look away but that wouldn't be professional at all. So I stood my ground and held eye contact. He basically whispered the last part, I even got goosebumps from it, in that moment I was really grateful for having a mask on.

"I didn't ask you to do that." I narrowed my eyes. 1:0 for me.

In a blink of an eye, Adam's whole demeanor changed, as if he had realized something. He got out of my face, returning back to his normal position, his eyes had widened a bit and suddenly he looked as if he was deep in his own thoughts.

What the fuck was he thinking about? Though I also felt bad. I mean I should've just thanked him for taking care of me but no I was being a bitch about it. But I thought he would just counter with another one of his dumb phrases. He was always so unserious and sarcastic. I didn't like this new look on his face now.

"Well what was I supposed to do? You were all up in my business, bitch!" and he's back to normal.

I just rolled my eyes. He knew I had won this round.

"If you'll excuse me, I would rather do some training, which I came here for."

Adam gave me the middle finger as I turned to walk to my usual training spot. Fucking asshole. He could've just left and leave me laying on the couch, but he didn't.

...

Why didn't he?

...

When I turned back around to give Adam one final glance I noticed that he was back in his thoughts. I really wish I could see what's going through his head.