🥀SEVEN.

Yara
Meanwhile on the date...
-

Me and Liz couldn't stop laughing. We were walking around and every time something even close to funny caught our eye, we was cracking up like hell.

At some point, we did stop at the bar in the museum & grab a bite to eat. It took the high down a notch, then things got real.

"So.. you and Odessa?" Liz took off the cap on her water bottle she ordered.

Immediately in my head I'm rolling my eyes confused as to why me and Odessa are the subject of conversation.

"Yes?"
"Okay I know I'm supposed to chill on shit when it comes to the two of you, you made it clear, I even vouched to myself that I wouldn't, but you know... there's no doubt that you guys have some sort of chemistry going on..."

I tried to think up a quick response, "we're really just good friends, we've always been that way. plus, she got her own lil thing going on, she actually has a date tomorrow that I helped her get." I gently pushed my plate in front of me.

"Oh! Well I hope that goes well for her"

.....

"Yeaaa, but enough about her, this is supposed to be about me and you and if we plan to take things further or nah" I brought the conversation back to what was meant to be discussed.

"Well, I would really like to be more with you. In general. I still need to get to know you more but I am sure that I want you in my life..." she wasn't breaking eye contact.

This is what scared me off the first time, well not in the same circumstances, however i'm not sure whether I should appreciate her boldness or be nervous. Hell.

"What do you look for in a person though Liz? Like what are you genuinely looking for?" I wasn't really sure how to respond to her. "I want someone...like....you yara...."

I wanted to roll my eyes in that moment, she isn't tryna be clear and I ain't liking that. "But you don't even know me? How can you know you want someone like me but you know nothing about me...This has to be genuine"

"I'm aware, but I know what I want. Maybe I'm coming on too strong but that's just who I am. And about the not knowing you, that's why I said I still have more to learn...I want to take the time to know you better because despite what I know or don't know, I'm sure you're the one for me" she went on. I wasn't liking this at all.

I know there's technically nothing wrong with what she said but I can't do it. Shit was cool in the beginning but now that we've got to actually talking, I'm realizing how much I actually don't wanna be here.

I sat there trying to think of what to say next, do I be honest about what's really going on in my head or do I lie. Shit fuck it, we keepin it real.

"I'm just gonna be honest with you. I was kinda feeling the vibe till we got to this point. And in no way am I tryna offend you or whatever, however I'm realizing I have no interest in getting you know you further....romantically. And I really-" before I could say what I waned to say she cut me off.

"Odessa. It's because you got the likes for her right?" she said her name with annoyance. hm.

"I don't know maybe" I shrugged. I don't know.

"Can you be honest with yourself for five seconds. The way you tensed up when I mentioned her said it all baby. I don't understand why you keep lying to yourself instead of going to talk to her about it. She gay ain't she?" she raised her brow.

again I said, "I don't know" and shrugged. Technically we don't know yet, she still figuring that out with that girl...

"Okay look. Back to me and you real quick, maybe romance is out of the question, but as a friend let me say this, you need to figure that out. Don't be waiting around." she stood up and grabbed my hand, standing me up with her.

"We'll see", we started to walk off.

We had went back to her car. "So it's clear things took a shift and we're not going in a certain direction, but there is one tiny thing I'd like to do if you'll let me" She said as she unlocked it.

Once we were both sat I replied, "Go for it" I shrugged again since that's all I apparently know how to do.

"Look this way first", so I did. She looked like she was reading my face. Next thing I knew she was holding my face and kissing me. Can't lie. it was good.

"Is that what you wanted to do?" I laughed. She knodded, "yep, and nowww I can let it go". She was about to start the car up but I went in for more.

She eventually pulled back after what felt like ten million minutes. "See now I'm confused cause that one was all youuuu" you could tell she was blushing. She started fidgeting with her dress.

"I have a proposal. just hear me out."

"I'm listening..." she looked back at me. "Friends, yes. But maybe with benefits, if you're up for that of course." I was attempting to read her face how she did mine.

"Okay....but on one condition. We only do shit at my place. and, we go right now." She leaned back in her seat and turned towards me.

"That's technically two conditions in a way, but sure. Drive fast, friend."

Didn't go how I expected but it went well to me, shidddd.

- ik this chapter is shorter, it's cause i wanted it to just be the date scene! i appreciate yall reading and being patient with my slow updates !!