🥀SIX.

ODESSA.
-

When I woke up immediately Naija was on my mind. It was a little nerve wracking to be thinking about a girl in a new way.

Yara woke up to her phone dinging a few times. "what in the world..", she groaned, "aw shit i already forgot about this". she tossed me her phone to read the messages.

𝙡𝙞𝙯
—————

"I hope you ain't forget bout
our lil date tmrw

dress formal and be ready by
5pm!

i'll see you<33"
-

"Oh shitttt" I said as my memory came back from the other day. "Hopefully you'll have fun at the very least" I hand her phone back to her. "yeah hopefully. Imma see if Z can come over today. We got too much shit to tell him", I nod in agreement.

Later.
-

"You mean to tell me Essy got a date...? and you got a date...? yall irritate me" he rolls his eyes. Me and Yara look at each other trying not to laugh at his annoyance. "Well what's wrong with that damn" as soon as I say that he looks at me like i'm dumb.

"Yall really gon make me state the obvious?" he leans forward into the sunlight. We out on Yara's balcony.

"Oh please don't start this" Yara's hands slid down her face as she laughed her sentence out.
Z cleared his throat before saying "Yall two supposed to be dating each other but okay!" he threw his hands in the air.

"Nigga" is all Yara said. "Look man I'm just saying. Yall some tier one best friends, yall would be a top of the tower couple. just saying. Yall know that already though, I have no doubt" he shrugged.

Yara was about to speak but I cut her off. "okay okay okay wait. Can we just chill like...? It's not even that serious. And if somehow in some way, if me and Yara posed to be together, it'll happen." 

"Im aware, I'm just not understanding why yall are choosing to make the journey more difficult than it needs to be when it's clear yall are meant to be" he was staring at Yara when he said that.

"Nigga you thought you ate, you wanna be a poet so bad" I laughed. And at that moment my phone dinged. It was Naija.

I read the text; "hey essy baby what you up to?". Can't even lie, my face went hot. I must've been cheesing publicly. Z said, "that's miss Naija? she got you all giddy that quick?" he laughed.

"Yes it's her. And I don't knowww this is just exciting. I'm actually real excited to go out with her" I say as i start my response; "heyy i'm not doing nothing but hanging out w my people, hbu? you okay today?" i hit send.

"watch them end up married" yara jokes. "chill we ain't been on a date yet and"- Z cut me off, "AND it's not fate, that's yalls fate" he explains with his mouth and his hands.

"Ezekiel. I need you to calm down. Tell us bout the girl you was with!" I was actually curious to hear about this.

"Oh yeah yeah. Her name Deja, we been hooking up for a minute. I'll tell you what though, I'm starting to like her a little bit. That after sex make out session be tempting me to fall in love man" you can tell he starts daydreaming as he says that.