Chapter 12

Tony
I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and cleared my throat.
"Okay. You're right. I did know that Claudia and her parents weren't home," I confessed.
"Why did you still send her to an empty house?"
"Because it wasn't actually empty."
"What do you mean by that?"
I sighed.
"Olivia was at the house."
"That's Olivia McAllen?"
"Yes."
"Why was Olivia trespassing at the house?"
"I told her that it would be empty so it would be a good place to meet up."
"Why did you want to meet up?"
"Olivia hated Andrea. I was cool with her at first but she was really starting to get on my nerves. Olivia was the first one to mention that things would be easier if Andrea wasn't around anymore. I agreed while I was in that mindset of disliking her. So, to answer the question, we wanted to meet up to confront Andrea about how we felt."
"What happened that night? Tell me everything," he growled.
"I had the party and ordered the Uber for Andrea. She didn't know that I provided the wrong address until she arrived at Claudia's house. It was very clear when she stepped out, looked around, and realized that she wasn't at the trailer. The Uber had already left so she was kind of stuck. I had intended that. It was cold so she decided to wait inside while she figured out how to get home. Olivia was ready to pounce but I told her to wait until I got there. After the party was over, I joined them at the house. Olivia and I got into a huge argument with her and told her how we felt. It got so heated that Olivia grabbed a frying pan and knocked her out. We then took her to the shed where we tied her up with rope and duct tape from the shed and left her to die. Once she did, we disposed of the body."
He seemed stunned by my confession but kept his composure.
"Where did you hide the body?"
"There's a little wooded area that is close to the house. We found a spot by a large tree and buried her along with her phone that Olivia turned off."
"Come show me where you buried the body."
"Okay," I said in a shaky voice.
Gomez escorted me out of the interrogation room in handcuffs. My dad was still waiting for me but quickly caught on when he saw the handcuffs. I've never seen him so mad. I started crying again as I rode in the back of the patrol car to Claudia's house. We arrived and led him deep into the woods. I stopped when I saw the tree that we chose to bury her by and told him. The cadaver dog that he brought also picked up on the scent. Gomez then spoke into his radio on his uniform using cop lingo that I didn't understand. Soon after, other cops arrived on the scene along with several other people like the coroner. The spot was dug up and they stopped when they found Andrea's body. They removed the body and still planned to do an autopsy as part of the procedure. We returned to the station where I had to stay until they eventually dealt with me.