48: Keiji Akaashi - The Feeling of Love

Requested byOkatay14

 It was my first day at Fukurdani and to say I felt nervous was a little bit of an understatement. Thankfully my friend from down the road, Keiji Akaashi, had agreed to walk to the high school with me so I would feel less daunted by the experience. He however was a second year so I knew I wouldn't be in the same class as him, and I'd have to make my own friends when I reached my own classroom.

A knock on the door told me that he was here, and when I heard my mum say his name fondly it confirmed it. I headed downstairs, straightening my uniform and seeing Keiji stood in the porch, my mother talking to him happily. Our families were close and my mother was a bit of a chatterbox but I was able to save Keiji, telling mum that I'd be late on my first day if she continued chatting. She gave me my bento box and the two of us headed out of the door and back onto the street, him leading the way towards the high school.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Okay... I think," I laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of my head. "Thank you for walking with me."

"You're welcome. Make sure to make friends in your class though, I can meet you at lunch if you wanted? You could introduce me to your classmates," he suggested and I smiled, nodding.

"Yes! Yes please," I said quickly and he ruffled my hair. "Can I come to your volleyball practice after school as well?"

"Sure," he laughed. "What extra curricular club are you going to join?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I hadn't really thought about it," I admitted.

"Don't worry. During the first week loads of people from various clubs talk to first years, trying to get them to join their clubs," Keiji said I turned in on myself, worried about being harassed by older students. I was quite the introvert, after all. "Don't worry, everyone's nice I promise."

"Okay..." I muttered.

"The student council might be a good option for you," he suggested, it being one I had thought about joining myself.

"I had thought about that too," I admitted and he smiled his charming smile. After fifteen minutes we reached the gates of the school, it being larger than I remembered. I had been a few times, one for the open day and another to meet Keiji but now that I was attending the school myself I realised just how big it was.

"You alright?" He asked, seeing the worry on my face.

"I think so," I squeaked, him not believing my statement. He was about to give another piece of advice but a voice calling his name. We turned to see a girl running towards us, a bright smile on her face and I knew exactly who it was, my stomach dropping. I had seen her a fair few times before but it never got easier as I had to watch her kiss Keiji passionately. Her name was Mei and she was not only beautiful and smart, she was also Keiji's girlfriend.

"Oh, hello (l/n)," she smiled at me making my heart drop even more. She was a nice person, with no notable flaws which made me feel worse.

"Hello," I muttered.

"Let's get to class," she hooked her arm around Keiji's but he stopped her.

"I promised (y/n) to help her get to class," he said, making me feel nervous as she glanced at me with a straight face.

"I-it's okay, I'm sure I can find it on my own. Thank you for walking me to school Keiji," I said quickly and he raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Are you sure?"