4: Tobio Kageyama - Idiots

Requested byFellow_Yoimiya_Main kuews17

 "Alright idiots, listen up!" I called out to the Karasuno boys volleyball club, jumping into the gym and wafting the letters I held in my hand. "Mr Nekoma called Mr Takeda earlier today about the Tokyo weekend camp at Shinzen. Takeda drafted up some permission slips, I've got them here!"

I was the manager of the boys volleyball club and had been since my first year at Karasuno, when I was scouted by Shimizu. I was a third year now so Shimizu had since graduated and Yamaguchi was now the captain of the team. I was proud of them as they had become an incredibly powerful team, one of the best in the country.

Out of the now third years Yamaguchi and I were probably the only ones that had really grown up since first year. Hinata was still as crazy and overly-hyper as ever, Tsukishima still had an attitude problem and Kageyama was still... Kageyama.

There was one thing different about the setter however. He had been acting a little different around me, turning rigid and suddenly blurting out random words. He'd avoid me from time to time yet feign ignorance when I confronted him about it. In short he was acting very awkward around me, something I did not appreciate. "Hey Kageyama!" I called out to him and once again he turned rigid. I thrusted the print out into his arms.

"Fine," he grabbed it and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I think you mean 'thanks'," I said and a bright blush appeared on his cheeks.

"Thank you!" He suddenly shouted, catching everyone's attention around us. I heard Tsukishima's familiar cocky laugh which often followed after Kageyama had done something embarrassing. I just rolled my eyes at the two boys and started handing out the sheets to everyone else.

Ukai took over and began coaching, me helping out when necessary. Practice went on as usual, the new first years keen to show off their skills, impressive spikes and tosses performed and a six versus six match to finish the night off. Yamaguchi's side won against Kageyama's, which made Tsukishima laugh dryly. He happily teased our vice-captain, clearly trying to irritate him whilst the rest of the team began putting the equipment away around them. "Hey idiots! Shut up and clear away the nets!" I shouted at the two of them.

"Yes your highness," Tsukishima mocked and I rolled my eyes like I found myself doing a lot whenever he opened his mouth. Kageyama on the other hand simply stood there rigid, staring at me making me furrow my eyebrows. His stare was quite intense and I wasn't sure whether he was doing it on purpose or not.

"Oi, Kageyama!" Hinata called out to him, catching his attention. Whilst his gaze was off of me I crept away, gathering my belongings until a presence beside me made me look up. Standing right next to me was Kageyama.

"Yeah?" I asked simply.

"Do you- wanna walk home?" He asked.

"Well yes... I mean how else am I gonna get home?" I asked simply and he blushed bright red.

"Oh! I meant me- I can walk," he stuttered awkwardly making me surprised as I'd rarely seen him act this way. "Home! I can walk you home-,"

"Haha! No need King, she walks home with me," Tsukishima came out of nowhere and slung his arm over my shoulder. Kageyama was gritting his teeth at this action, but I had had enough.

"Okay you guys are acting weird!" I pushed Tsukishima off of me and hauled my bag onto my shoulder. "Goodnight," I added firmly, storming out of the gym and leaving behind the two supposed third years.