The Blames on Me

"Xiao, come on. Who knows what kind of battle we'd end up having to do? Someone like you would be a lot of help, and Venti..." Aether sighs. "You need to apologize to him." "How? How can I apologize?" He asked. "He clearly doesn't want me near him." "Then just hug it out or something." Kazuha said as their attention got to him. "If you can't be vocal about it, then just be sorry with your body language. It'd be better to say it, however."

"I don't really like the thought of being sappy and being physically affectionate. I'd rather say I'm sorry, no more than that." They all look at him, dumbfounded as Heizou scoffed. "That's it?" Aether asked. "That's all you're gonna say? Not an "I love you" or anything? Forget it, let's just go. We need to find him so we can go to Sneznhaya."

Aether and Heizou walks outside of the room Xiao stayed in, while Kazuha stands there in his thoughts. "Hey, I..." he began, sitting beside Xiao. "I know what it's like to be two faced." "Two faced?" He raised a brow.

"Yeah. Meaning you're not really showing how you truly feel...I get that. Heizou, you know, the one with burgundy hair?" He nodded. "He does that sometimes. In fact, he still does it to this day. I'm not saying that you should just not shut up about why you love Venti, or how much of a good friend he is to you, but I'm not saying that you should ignore it like it's nothing." Kazuha gets a little closer, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"If I tell you to apologize, you won't meant it. You're just simply obeying what I asked you to do. That's why I need you to mean it. But, not me...Venti." Xiao faces the other way where Kazuha can't see his face. He bites his lip as he then looks at the floor, having his gloved hands message his neck.

"I'm just not good at this type of stuff, and I don't wanna look like a bad friend or, or even a fake one that's just there for no reason. The family I knew are gone now...it's just...it's just not the same." He rambled while Kazuha rubs his back. "But is he the same? Was your family fun and cheerful like him?" He asked. Xiao stood there for a minute, but nodded eventually. "Then there's your family."

Kazuha pats his back as he stands up to leave as well. Xiao sits there on the bed, letting it sink in his mind of Venti being his family. He slowly stands up and follows Kazuha outside.

Long ago, the Electro Archon, Raiden Shogun and her son, Kunikuzushi, was both sitting behind a tree reading a book in the daylight. Kunikuzushi had his head on her shoulder as she sang the lines in the book. "Shadow cold and dark, make the final plea...Burn these earthly chains, and set the sprit free. Wither and decay, end this destiny. Burn these earthly chains, and set the sprit free..."

"The sprit free..." it may not be the exact one, but Kunikuzushi, or should be said Scaramouche, was singing those same lines she beautifully vocalized. Y/N comes out of the bushes in her way before seeing him. "You again?" "A dream come true." He said as she face palms. "What are you reading?" "Oh," he puts the book away. "Just an old story book I remember my mother reading. I always chose that one because I...I just loved hearing her sing." He admitted.

"You said "temporarily love" when you were introducing yourself," Y/N reminded. "Is that what happened with her?" Scaramouche sighs while looking at the campfire. "I don't know. She saw no importance in me, and threw me out. Though whatever she was expecting, it's her fault she didn't raise me properly." He rasp his voice, turning his sadness into anger.

"Has she ever...trapped you from the real world?" Y/N soon asked. Scaramouche looks at her, "No. why would she do that?" "My mother always told me that the world is dangerous." "She's not wrong." He agreed. "But Mondstate was great, there was so many nice people there. People like the Traveler, Venti—" "But there's also evil people like the Fatui." He interrupts.