A New Harbinger Before us

Venti grumbles in his bed turning left and right, the beads of sweat and the heavy breathing was making it obvious that this wasn't some pleasant dream.

A boy just like him was pale as a ghost, dead in his arms. The quiet wind flows by against his hair. His tears constantly falls down his face along the pain in his throat from all the wailing he vocalized. Venti's hand supported the bard's head as the other holds the rest of his body.

It was so fast, and yet so sad to see his eyes now black as coal rather than lively as a human. "Why did you have to die so young? Why couldn't you just live longer? Please, just have this be a bad dream." Venti cried letting him down as he olds his hand. "Is everyone I love gonna die alongside me too? Or is it because you weren't meant for me? Or maybe, I wasn't meant for you..." He asked out loud.

"I'm sorry..." "What?" "I'm so sorry." He said again. Venti was suddenly in his itty bitty form looking at his friend bleeding to death. An arrow was unfortunately penetrating through his heart. "I'm sorry I couldn't live that long. I was really looking forward to living my life with you. But I'm glad I did, even if it was such a short amount of time."

Having his life taken away, it was a struggle for him to spit out words so little. "Whenever you can, I want you to find somebody that can live far more then me. Then you'll be able to be the best of friends with them. And please...don't lose them like you'll lose me." Venti's small body flies to his face, smothering against him with tears as he lightly chuckled. "I'm gonna miss you too, Venti. But at least I fought with everyone else, right? Now we can see the skies together."

The color of his eyes turns dull, and his eyes were more slow at blinking. "The sky is so bright and precious...just like you." His breathing had now stopped and his last words are now a memory for those around him such as Venti. Though he may not be able to speak, you can hear his high pitched voice cry and wail against the dead bard.

A man's voice calls out for him, but he was too busy crying over his death...at least it was a nightmare. Aether was worried sick over Venti crying in his bed, so he came over to wake him up. "You were crying for some time now. Can you please tell me what happened just now? I'm very worried." He said as calm as he can. "I...I dreamed of him again." He says, still in tears.

"I just feel so stupid crying over his death that was so long ago. I try to let go and move on, but I can't...it's a harder than you think it is. I have you though, and I don't try to pretend that you're him or try to replace him with you. It's just a lot."Aether lays beside him and gives a sad smile while rubbing Venti's forearm using his hand. "And every time I see the reflection of the water or a mirror, I just see him instead of me. And now I feel bad, because I look like I took advantage of his body thinking I'm someone different when I'm not! I'm no different...I'm just a copy."

The remembrance of Aether calling Venti a copied version coming into his mind didn't help, making it look like Venti was agreeing with his false opinion. "Please don't say that." "But it's true—" "No it isn't, Venti." Aether holds him in place with his interruption. "You are yourself and you do have a different meaning in this world. You're not just a next chapter to someone else's book. You are not who your friend was...You are Venti. And that reminds me,"

Aether goes to his bed to grab something beside it. Venti was concern, questioning on why he had a brown satchel in his hands. "I was supposed to give this to you earlier today. Some other business took over, however. Happy Windblume Festival." Handing over to Venti, he sits up on his bed grabbing it. He removes the button as he puts his hand inside of it feeling carved wood. "Is this...A lyre?" He questions, and answers right.