An Old Past, A New Me

The waves would almost have Aether fall over as he continues to row he way into Inazuma. It's unfortunately hard to see where he was going since it was pretty dark out. The wave wasn't as big as a Tsunami, but it definitely wasn't small either as it continues to grow its size heading his way. All of the seawater pushes him down into the dark sea, he gets terrified by the impact.

Aether gasp for air while spitting some of the water out from his mouth. He realized, "I see it, the entrance of Ritou!" He swims using all of his strength, his arms rowing one by one as he gets closer. Aether's hair suddenly gets yanked down in the dark seas out of nowhere. It was too fast for him to try and get out from its grip, unfortunately. His vision starts to blur while his heart felt like it was soon to stop, but someone else jumps in before it was nothing but darkness.

Aether let's out a long gasp while coughing out lots of water, as he aggressively coughs. He feels a bandaged hand support the back of his head as he ask too his savior. "K-Kazuha?" And yes, indeed it was.

"I couldn't tell what dragged you down there, but whatever it was, it must've saw your hair as a fishing pole." He laughs a little. "You should probably put your hair up sometime like mine." "Yeah, I'll make sure to do that sometime." He says as Kazuha gets up from the ground. Kazuha helps Aether get up as well even though he was oddly stumbling as he coughs, it starts to worry Aether. "Are you okay?" "I'm fine." He replies before coughing. "It's just a common cold."

Not a lot of people were nearby the entrance of Ritou. There were only some dogs and cats, and maple leaves falling down. "I'll let you stay with me and my close friend. If you want, that is." Kazuha suggested, cuddling himself as he shivers. "Sure," he agreed. "I still feel cold from what just happen. I might need some clothes while this dries up."

Aether and now Kazuha walks through the stairs seeing lights inside houses being turned off. It's been a while since they've both been here, so it was nice to look at the scenery again. "What's your reason to stop at Ritou?" Kazuha asked. "Oh yeah," he suddenly remembers. "I'm here to look for a detective. A young woman that me and Venti got along with had suddenly been taken by the Fatui." His voice saddens as he explains.

"I'm so sorry." Kazuha apologies as he holds Aether's shoulder. "No, no, it's fine. We'll find her soon." He reassures with a fake smile. "Actually, have you seen the Fatui come by with a terrified woman such as her?" He shakes his head, "I'm afraid not. I don't think the Fatui are even known to be in Ritou or Inazuma, but that's just on what I know."

They're journey ends stopping at a decently sized household with the lights still on. Kazuha knocks on the front door hearing footsteps walk closer to the door. Who seems to be his close friend was wearing oversized clothes and his burgundy hair was also tied up, he was also rubbing his eye as if he just woke up. "Kazuha, you're gonna get cold—and did you just come out from the water or something?"

"I have." Kazuha's voice shakes while responding, but it was him being cold rather than afraid. "I was saving him from drowning earlier, some creature was pulling him down." Aether nervously laughs as he waves. Kazuha's friend moves aside and gestures them to come inside as his questions proceed. "And why would you do that while you're sick? I told you to rest, Kazuha, you know how tired and achy you get when feeling sick." His worried frustration grows.

"I know, Shika, but I'm not gonna let somebody else drown knowing I can swim. I saved a life on the way, right? Is that not a good thing?" He ask with a quick response. "It is, and I'm very proud of you. Go change and head to bed, please." Kazuha goes to his bedroom at the right side near the living room where Aether was sitting down. "Make sure to take your medicine before bed." He reminded. "I will."