Chapter 2 - Walking, Living, Breathing Horror Film

A/N: Welcome back! I know that the first chapter was a little looney (oh, who am I kidding? It was hardcore insane), but I thought it was hilarious, so I hope you liked it too! In case you haven't picked up on it, Lily's life is a little insane too, so please just bear with me and follow the plot as best as you can! I also appreciate feedback and encouragement or whatever, so please read, reread, and comment!

————————————————————

Five o'clock AM, 18th November

Four-poster Bed

Rumour has it that there's a new girl with green hair that has Fundamentals of Magical Application for her first period class. She is bloody awful at magic and can't cast a spell to save her life.

Oh wait, that's me. There's also no rumour. It's a known fact.

Don't you just adore the smell of pancakes first thing in the morning? Well, the closest to pancakes we get here, or so I've heard, are these little pieces of cardboard that are soaked in stale wax. And they smell like your grandmother's feet. I'll tell you this; my Nan's feet, bless her soul, stank as bad as I am at magic. Which is really bad.

Last night, I was completely tuckered out, so as soon as I hit my bed, I was out cold. Not really much happened at dinner. We said what we wanted for dinner out loud (I had opted for pesto pasta, chocolate ice cream, and a glass of milk), and it appeared in front of us. Only I didn't see it appear. I blinked, so I missed it. The food was alright, I suppose, but I sort of miss Mum's cooking already. There were over a thousand students in The Mess, along with dozens of teachers, so I was quite nervous for today's classes. Speaking of which, did I mention what my classes even were?

I sort of lied earlier. I was really tired, but I was awake enough to collect my timetable from a tall girl who said I had half of my classes with her. Then I fell asleep. I will paste my timetable in here so that I don't lose it.

Name: Hopkins, Lilian Amanda
Class No.: 12

Dormitory No.: 12

Timetable:

1. Fundamentals of Magical Application — Rm. 208 — Dyn. Cecilia Stranger

2. Magical Theory — Rm. 215 — Dyn. Ronald Swokowski

3. Break

4. Lessons in Numbers — Rm. 312 — Prof. Harlow Lyre

5. Chemistry in a Magical Setting — Rm. 327 — Prof. Doris Smith

6. Physical Education — Witching Field — Dyn. Casper Crenshaw

7. Lunch

8. Free Period — Basement Library

9, Language of the Tenebris — Rm. 212 — Prof. Lester Harding

The classes seem mildly interesting. They might be fun. Potentially. But I am rather bad at everything magic-related, so I could also be facing the worst nightmares of my life. Coincidentally, Cameron has all of the same classes as me except for Tenebris; since she has grey magic, she takes Cinereus. I thought it was surprising that we had so many classes together, but she explained that the class sizes are very large, so there can be almost fifty students in a single class.

I also learned that not all of the girls lived in the same dormitory as me and Cameron. The older girls, the ones who had been at Proxy for a year at least already, lived in the even nicer ones that were on the fourth floor. The dormitories were also split into sectionals based on how recently you had joined the school. I shared a dorm room with the three-months-and-under bunch, and since they weren't too far ahead in their studies than me, I would be able to catch up quickly. Heh. They haven't seen my magic yet, have they?