04 - Establishment

There they were like a bee swarm travelling the new galaxy, home was now a distant memory, a speck in the rearview mirror of their journey. The ships navigated in a loose formation, only focusing on following Helios, the main starship.

They had already set course to Harmony, slowly but surely getting closer. The crews, now seasoned travelers of the stars, were glued to their monitors, their faces illuminated by the soft glow of their neon blue work monitors, a serene silence across the ships with the only sounds of electric beeps here and there.

Director-General Calloway sat at the head of the table, her gaze sweeping over the assembled Magistrates and Superintendents. The holographic map of Harmony hovered above the table, displaying the planet's surface in detail.

Director-General Calloway: "Alright, let's discuss our landing strategy for Harmony. Magistrate Voss, what's the latest on the planet's atmospheric conditions?"

Magistrate Voss: "Initial scans indicate a breathable atmosphere, albeit with higher oxygen levels than Earth. Weather conditions are great.. I'm not sure how to explain it, I've never seen anything like it Director-General." Voss says trying to hide the excitement in his tone.

Calloway nodded, taking in the information.

Director-General Calloway: "Good, I trust we will construct a space elevator as soon as we land?"

Superintendent Nguyen: "Correct Director-General, loading the colonists would be easier and more efficient that way, it also would be safer for the new environment not to mention the space. And since we have plans to scrap most of our starships for extra building materials, It's best we not land all of them on the planet."

The UNION Director-General nods and gets back on her seat. After another hour of discussion, the Helios and its fleet finally arrived at the beautiful green and blue planet of Harmony, the planet revealed its stunning features—a lush, green landscape dotted with vibrant blue seas. Soon enough it will be the new continental world for humanity.

The ships halted, with most of the crew taking in the view. The crowd celebrated before quickly being shushed by the captains of admirals to get back to their work, which of course had to be a lot.

After much deliberation, they settled on a site near a large river delta, which offered fertile soil and easy access to water. The construction of the city would begin immediately, with the help of advanced technology brought from Earth. They planned to build a spaceport for future arrivals, residential areas for the settlers, and facilities for research and development. 

But of course their first priority was to build the space elevator. It will be crucial to transport the workers, supplies, and building materials rapidly. The engineering teams quickly mapped out the construction process and area, coordinating the delivery of specialized equipment and materials from the fleet of ships orbiting above. Ground crews began excavating the site, preparing the foundation for the colossal structure that would tether the planet to space.

While the construction workers were sweating in the dig sites, researchers and explorers  encountered a wide range of fascinating creatures, marking their first contact with extraterrestrial life. These alien animals, evolved to thrive in the unique ecosystems of their world, ranged from small, curious creatures that lived underground to massive, towering beings that roamed the vast plains, similar of that to dinosaurs on Earth.

The naming of these newly discovered creatures will soon happen, but it can wait, for now establishing the first city is their primary concern. The Space elevator and port would be located on the outskirts of the city.

 While a tall majestic citadel tower will be constructed in the very center, not only showing strength and determination that was seen during their early days, but as something the new generation will proudly look up upon one day. It will also be, where leaders of the UNION gather for meetings and govern the city.

To preserve the memory and knowledge of Earth, the settlers started the process of archiving information. They gathered books, digital data, artifacts, and recordings, carefully selecting pieces that encapsulated the essence of their once beautiful homeworld. This will be crucial for the new generations that will grow up in Harmony.

Zoos and botanical gardens will be created to commemorate Earth's incredible flora and fauna. Along with schools, universities, and academies being established, ensuring a high standard of education for future generations.

Law Enforcement will also be necessary to maintain peace, no matter how trusted these people are, a city without a police, is not a city. The Civil Watch Corps was created a few days after the UNION was. It's main and only purpose is maintaining public order and safety, and preventing, detecting, or investigating criminal activities. Although they could be turned into a planetary guard element if needed to, just incase. :)