CH.22 - A little less sixteen candles, a little more "touch me"

Jakes pov:

I've been dating Johnnie for a week now and I couldn't be happier! He's been practically living with me and has brought some of his own clothes to shove into my closet. He also brought his makeup over and oh my God does he have a lot. If mom ever came home and took a look in my bathroom she'd think I have a chick staying here. I love watching him do his hair and makeup in the morning and how much he wants everything to look perfect, even though to me he always looks perfect.

"Sooooo....your wearing my clothes again?" I laugh as johnnie puts on one of my hoodies

"Y-yeah." A smile forms on his face

After getting dressed we walk outside and met Sam and Colby waiting for us. We get into the car and make our way to school. I smile as I watch Johnnie look out the window. I blush as I look down at him wearing my hoodie. I honestly love when he wears them, he's recently been spraying his cologne on almost all of my clothes. I don't know if he's doing it on purpose but I don't mind. The hoodie I'm wearing right now, he wore yesterday...it still smells like him and it's comforting in a way. the school day was normal except for the fact that there were posters everywhere.

"School dance?" I say out loud, confused
"Why would there be a school dance in the middle of February?" I scratch my head

"Maybe it's a Valentine's Day dance?" Colby says, looking more at the poster

"No, it says nothing about Valentine's AND there's no pink or even red poster out from what I can see." I say looking around at the other posters to see if there's anything different about what's written on them

"Also Valentine's Day has already passed. It'd be a pretty late dance that I doubt anyone would care about." Sam adds

"You guys like the posters?" Tara says, scarring the shit out of all of us

"Holy shit!" I jump as I grab Johnnies hand
"Uh, yeah. I'm just wondering why there's a party at such a random time." I keep holding of Johnnies hand

"Oh, well everyone in student council (student council is a thing right??? Like the mfs that plan the school events??? Idk I never paid any attention to those ppl but we're calling them student council bc I'm to lazy to Google if that's a thing and I know u guys will bully me about it) thought that there wasn't very many school dances sooooo that lead us to planing one." Tara smiles

"Wait, your apart of student council?" Johnnie says, surprised

"Yeah? Why do you think that I don't sit with you guys at lunch all the time?"

"I don't know, I just assumed you had better shit to do." Johnnie scratches his head with his free hand

"Yeah, I do. It's called student council." Tara laughs as Johnnie rolls his eyes

"Anyways, why didn't you guys do a Valentine's party?" Sam asks

"Because we already knew about the house party so we expected that no one would choose a school dance over a house party." Tara shrugs

"True." Sam nods his head in agreement

We keep talking until the first class bell rings. We all say our goodbyes and go in our separate ways. This time Johnnie walks me to class and gives me a kiss goodbye before leaving to his own. I blush and make my way into my own class.

Every time Johnnie kisses me I blush..I know I've kissed him dozens of times but each kiss feels new. He keeps giving me butterflies and makes me nervous when I'm with him. I fucking love how he makes me feel. When I'm not with him I feel like I'm going through withdrawals, it's like he's a drug and I'm addicted. It's sounds crazy but I don't think I can live without Johnnie in my life. Like, I was fine before I knew about him but now that he's been in my life there's no way I could ever go back. The amount of light he brings me is irreplaceable. The joy that I get from even just the thought of him is a type of joy that can only be brought by him. Anyways, enough with me being sappy! I guess I have to ask Johnnie if he wants to go to this dance with me. I mean it's the first school dance that we've ever been to together AND most importantly, the first party that we'll go to together as a couple. Like an official couple! None of that "friends with benefits" bullshit. He's no longer a boy that I can kiss and have to explain that it's not weird to kiss the homies! He's been upgraded to a boy that I can kiss and tell people that he's the love of my life and that we'll one day live together and get married.....okay maybe I'm moving too quickly but still. I really do love him and I would love to spend the rest of my life and grow old with him next to me, right by my side.