Chapter 15

We continue sailing to Ramadu's island following the blue star

"The wind has left us," Drinian observes, as Edmund, Caspian, Leona, and I observe our progress.
"So how do we get to Ramadu's island now?" Asks Edmund.
"My guess is something doesn't really want us to get there," The captain answers, as he walks away.
"So what do we do now, let the sailors row all the way," I sigh.
"They're already tired," Caspian tells me.
"We're stuck here, I guess," Leona says.
"Unless the wind the returns," my brother suggests.
"Like there's any hope for that," I answer sarcastically.
The ship creaks violently, and I fall on my knees,"What in the world!" I get up.
Eustace is pulling the boat by his tail.
"Eustace, that's brilliant!" Edmund grins.
"We should get to Ramadu's island in no time now," I reply, getting up.
In an hours time we reach Ramadu's island.
The greenness of the islan welcomed us.
"It's beautiful!" Ruth exclaims.
"The most beautiful one, we've stepped on," I reply.
"You got us there, Eustace! What did I tell you extraordinary, extraordinary!" Chatters Reepicheep, as we climb into the longboat.
When we reach the island the sun was beginning to set. An hour later darkness enveloped us, so Edmund turned on his torch.
"Those are interesting sculptures," I mutter, as I observe old birdlike statues, covered in moss and vines.
"They do look like those griffins that we used in our battles," Ruth muses.
"That's probably what they are," Edmund replies
We reach a table, filled with food worthy for a feast.
"Mmm food," Tavros says, we are all hungry and I share it his anticipation.
"Wait," Drinian warns.
As we observe the table further, I catch sight of three men covered in vines. Lucy gasps as we all unsheathe our swords.
"What happened?" I ask, eyeing Edmund beside me.
Caspian steps closer to the men,"Lord Marvomon, Lord Revilian, Lord Argoz," he mutters.
"How did this happen?" Leona asks puzzled.
Lucy gasps,"He's breathing!"
"That's odd," Ruth ponders.
"So are they," Edmund answers,"They must have fallen into temptation by the food!"
"The food, it's cursed!" Shouts Caspian, we all step back in fear. I see a stone knife covered by the vines.
"It's the stone knife! This is Aslan's table!" Edmund exclaims.
"Then the food shouldn't be cursed," I say confused,"Would it?"
"They're swords!" Caspian orders,"On the table."
We find the three swords and lay them on the table followed by our three others.
"That's six, still one missing," Caspian says.
"Where do you think it is?" Leona asks her brother.
"Look!" Exclaims Lucy, I see a ball of light come down from the sky. I realize it's a woman.
"She's a star!" I exclaim.
"Travelers of Narnia, welcome," the woman greets us, as we bow to her,"Arise, are you not hungry."
"Who are you?" Asks Edmund.
"I'm Lilandil, daughter of Ramadu," she answers.
"Ramadu, doesn't he own this island," I muse.
"Yes, my father was expecting you," she nods.
"You are most beautiful," comments Caspian.
I eye Leona, who tries to hold back a laugh.
"If it is a distraction to you, I can change form," Lilandil tells him troubled.
"No!" Both Caspian and Edmund reply in unison.
Lucy, Ruth, and I give our brother one of our looks.
"Seriously," I nudges him in the elbow,"You're worse than Susan."
"Please, the food is for you. There is enough for everyone at Aslan's table," Lilandil tells us warmly.
"But," I protest.
"What happened to them?" Edmund finishes for me.
"These poor men were have mad when they reached our shores. They were threatening violence upon eachother. Violence is forbidden at the table of Aslan," she explains,"So they were put to sleep."
"Will they ever wake?" Asks a concerned Lucy.
"When all is put right," the star answers.
"What do you mean?" Ruth asks confused.
"Come, there is little time," she tells us. The five of us kings and Queens follow her, while the others eat.
We follow her to a balcony, over yonder we see dark island.
"The man, Corikan told you of dark island," Lilandil asks us.
"Yes," Caspian nods.
"Before long the evil will be unstoppable," Lilandil tells us.
"How long do we have," Ruth sighs discouraged.
"Only a few more days," she answers
"Corikan said to kill it at it's root we must lay the seven swords at Aslan's table." Lucy tells her.
"He speaks the truth," the star replies.
"But we only have six, where is the seventh?" Edmund inquires.
"In there," she points.
"In there, what if we don't make it out," I say anxiously.
"You will need to trust in the one who has brought you so far, the Great Lion," Lilandil answers,"He will give you the courage, now let us waste no time."
We head back to the others, Caspian turns to the star,"I hope we will meet again."
I hear Leona trying to suppress another giggle.
"Goodbye," the star smiles at him, before she leaves.
Caspian looks at all of us,"Are we ready?"
"Yes," I nod.
"Ready for what?" Leona asks troubled.
"Dark Island," Edmund answers,"The seventh sword is in Dark Island."

That night, I went out to the deck. Sleep left me. I stared out to the open sea.
I then heard a voice say,"Everyone wants to be a hero, but you made to many mistakes to be called one. Remember the Bartiger, it was stupid of you. You let all these people die, because of your fear. And how you almost had been the reason for the death of your country. Had not been for Aslan, you all would have perished. And when you almost were killed for spying. I'd say you still don't deserve to live. And when Irvin was killed, that was your fault. And so was it when Abaddon was murdered. And Ammon, the man you loved, it was your fault he died."
"No, Ammon died because of his faith. He sealed his testimony with blood, because he loved Aslan and was willing to suffer death for him." I answered, I remembered how much it hurt to hear that Ammon had been killed.
"You started this persecution remember," the voice taunted.
"No I didn't it was the Tisroc," I shook my head,"I was in prison then."
"Yes, but because of the trouble the Faithful Moses had caused. He decided he couldn't trust any followers of Aslan."
"It wasn't my fault!" I cried,"It's because the world hates Aslan, so they'll hate the ones who follow him!"
"You don't follow him." My shoulders shook,"And face it you'll never be another version of the Scarlet Pimpernel."
"Stop leave, I'm done. I can't I know. That wasn't who I am!" I shouted.
It felt like a storm calmed. But there was still another raging inside. I fell to my knees, shaking.
"Help," I whispered,"Jesus, I can't see you anymore. Where are you?"
"Verity," I froze, hearing the voice of Caspian, I stood up and leaned against the railing.
"It's over," I said.
"What's over," he asked.
"I should at least do one thing," I replied,"It's over, I forgive you."
"What happened?" He asked,"There is something wrong."
"I'll never be good enough. You won't believe how many wrong things I gave done in my life." I sobbed,"I am a chief of sinners."
Caspian placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.
"Verity!" I turned to see Edmund. I flew into his arms.
"Whatever it the matter, Verity?" He asked, as I cried against his chest.
"I... it's my fault Ammon was killed." I explained.
"Ammon, no it wasn't. Didn't he write in his letter that you shouldn't blame yourself for his death. He felt he was less than worthy to die for the truth," Edmund said.
"It was, don't you see."
"Come on, to bed," Edmund led me back to my room. The bed was empty.
"Where are the others?" I asked,as Edmund led me into my room.
"Looking for you," Caspian replied,"Like we all were."
I began to cough again. Edmund made me lay down. I rested my head in his lap.
My brother, stroked my hair gently,"Where did you get that cough?"
"Where you got your coughs," I retorted.
Caspian laughed,"And where do you get them."
"They are mostly caused by viruses and include common cold, viral laryngitis and influenza," I replied.
"What does that mean?" Edmund inquired.
I rolled my eyes,"You'll never know."
"Of course, because Peter never tells me those things," Edmund answered back.
"Peter doesn't need to tell me," I retorted,"I read it myself."
"I thought you only read the Scartlet Pimpernel nowadays," Edmund was confused.
"Done, I don't like it anymore," I told him.
I saw Edmund grin over at Caspian. A grin of relief. I punched him in the arm,"I still like the writer's style. I just read the book 8 times over."
"Finally," Edmund muttered