I don't like the circumstances under which he left.

I'm hurt by his sudden withdrawal.

“He said he wants to be friends first and we can still be friends. Why does it matter if I have a couple of kids?” I finally put my emotions into words.

“Because he doesn't just want to stay friends forever, he… wants more intimacy. And he realized that you won't give him that chance. Trust me it's for good, he wasn't the right friend for you.”

Of course he would say that. Among all my brothers, the twins have been the most against me going to the same workshop as the heir. They don't like a single thing about him.

“But it's not fair.” I argued. “It's not my fault that I'm pregnant, I didn't even consent to it. He can't leave me for something I didn't do.” 

I don't know why I was arguing with him, Adam didn't do anything to break off our nonexistent friendship. I shouldn't take out my frustration on my family. But that's exactly what I was doing at the moment.

“That's what I've been telling you all along, Addy.” Cyrus interjects. “It's not your fault. Even if you were dealing with the consequences of a poor choice, no one still has any right to judge you for it because it's your life.”

“I know.” I mumbled not fully understanding where he was getting at.

“So fuck everyone's opinion and do hell with the people who leave you.” He adds.

“It’s not that simple.” I throw back.

“It is if you just think about it-”

“You don't know how the world works.” I raise my voice so he hears me over his own thoughts. “Not everyone is as confident as you are to not care about their image in other people's eyes.”

He sighs. “I’m not your enemy, love. I want what's best for you. And stressing about what anyone thinks is not good for you or your babies.”

I gulp the discomfort and try to speak clearly. “I can't control what I think. It just happens. It's natural, you can't tell me to alter my thinking to fit what you believe in. If I want to hide something for as long as I can, I will. Why do I have to come out because you think it's the right time?”

I knew he was right. I wasn't a fool. But I didn't like his persistence. And I don't like that he doesn't even try to understand where I was coming from. 

“Because you will have to do it eventually. So the earlier you accept it and understand that you don't have to be ashamed of it, the better it will be for you. You have to prioritize other things over your fear of judgment.”

I've really had enough. I keep forgiving him thinking he's on my side but he just wants to do what’s right. He doesn't care how much I'm hurt.

Family is supposed to be biased. 

“You don't understand. You never do. No one will understand because none of you is in my place.” I spit the words at him. “It's so embarrassing to be pregnant and knowing what people would be thinking about you. But you just don't consider any of it. You're so focused on proving me wrong.”

“I'm not trying to prove you wrong-”

“Lucius!” I called for help.

“Why do you always drag him in our debates?” Cyrus asked, pissed off.

“Because you don't look like you're planning on ending this argument.”

“Do you even understand why I'm-” He gets cut off by our father.