It didn't take long for Serenity to fix my tired face, and with a sweeping, tearing-my-hair-out brush through, the orange mess was smooth...ish.

"What do I do with it?" She murmured.

I frowned, staring at its slight fuzziness. "Up?"

She cocked her head before agreeing and tying it into a bun. Once again, it was stuck to my head, but the moment she left for the bathroom, I pulled some hairs loose around my face.

"Right, no time to waste." I told my mirrored reflection.

"Ready to go down?" Serenity wondered.

"Yeah, do you know where she is?" I asked.

"Of course, I was told to escort you." She blushed. "Is that okay?"

"Better to have a friend by my side in a strange castle." I smiled.

She blushed at being called my friend before opening the door and gesturing me out. I followed her quietly down the stairs, the halls quiet and strangely eery.

"Any idea where my mate is?" I wondered aloud. "It's awfully quiet down here."

"He's speaking with Alpha Black and a few other alphas."

"Oh? He is?" I frowned, stopping near a door. "He didn't tell me about that."

Serenity nodded, her hand resting on the door beside me. "Most of the lunas are wandering around, as it is appearing to be alpha only."

I pursed my lips. "When was it announced?"

"Early this morning, whilst you slept." She shrugged. "It didn't seem important."

I hummed, and Serenity laughed at me, pushing me through the doors. I soon forgot my thoughts when Piper's beaming face stared at me from the other side of a table. Thanking Serenity, I hurried over to Piper and we collided with a flurry of affection.

"How are you feeling after last night?"

I groaned softly. "I am fine. Asra seems to think I will be hungover."

"It was a lot of alcohol for a human," she grinned. "Top it with two strong ones and I thought you would be dead today. So did Asra."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, joke's on you guys, I feel no ounce of shit."

Piper giggled. "Good, now let's eat."

She gestured for me to sit with a slight raise of her hand and someone came over to us in a smart uniform. I quirked an eyebrow as they served us like we were in a restaurant, but happily ordered some food. I went with a sausage and bacon roll and a nice cup of coffee on the side. Piper had gone for porridge and tea, before asking for some jam to go with it.

I admired her for a moment, taking in the month-long absence. I wasn't being dramatic when I said it had been too long. Any day away from someone you called your closest friend was hard. Piper was someone I had grown attached to, someone who nurtured me the way a sibling did. She didn't care about my past, my title, or my blood. She just cared.

We engaged in casual conversation as we waited for our food to come, and I became hyperaware of the passing luna females that entered the room. A few were sitting at tables, most in pairs or threes, and I was just glad that Luna Black had not made her appearance yet.

By the time breakfast came, I started with the more personal questions.

"So, what's new in your world?" I wondered, taking a small bite of my food. "Did I fuck anything up last night by annoying your dad?"

Piper snickered. "Dad was surprised, but he wasn't mad. He may be old-fashioned in his pack, but he is alright with everything else. Dad knows I don't have a mate, and he knows Asra found his now. He's just happy I have a genuine friend."