37. My Prince!

Anika

Anika

The next few days passed much the same, with me waking up to breakfast and finding notes scattered around the house from Jai. We spent all our free time together, and it felt good to see this version of Jai. He was more carefree, and he openly shared his thoughts and opinions with me, even seeking my advice, which made me feel special.

I had almost forgiven him. I knew I might have forgiven him easily, as Varsha said, but I couldn't resist him after everything he'd done for me. He was making an effort, and I couldn't ignore that.

The other day, he took me out to dinner, and it felt really good to see him being possessive and protective, moving around me like a lost puppy. Jai acted tough at work, but when it came to me, he was all soft and caring.

Or maybe I was just living in a delusion.

The girls had decided to go shopping the next day, which was a Sunday, and I had the day off today. Jai, being Jai, only took Sundays off.

It was already 9 am, and I was having breakfast. I decided to implement a cute plan today because Jai had been working hard for a long time, which was mentally draining him. I wanted to make the day special for him and give him the prince treatment today. It wasn't much, just the things I usually did for him every day, but I wanted to make it official today.

Since Jai hadn't left for the office yet, I had the perfect plan.

"Hey Jai?" I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Yes, princess?" he responded.

"Are you busy today?"

"For you? Not at all." he replied, making my cheeks turn red.

"I wanted to ask you something," I said.

"You are allowed to come in, you know," he said, his smile evident in his voice.

I missed that – taking showers together, kissing until we were breathless.

We were back on track, but physically, I didn't want to rush into it. 'Because you want it to be love, not lust' my mind said.

"Ahmmm" I left the place with a red face, sitting on the bed, waiting for him.

When he finally came out of the bathroom, only with a towel around his waist, all those muscles popping, it was illegal to be this hot.

"That's for the compliment, wifey" he winked at me. Did I say that aloud? What the hell.

"You know you're hot, Jai" I rolled my eyes and tried to play it cool.

"That I am." he smirked.

"So, you wanted to talk about something?" he asked, placing his hands on either side of his waist, still in a towel.

I wanted to kiss him so bad.

"Get dressed first!" I threw his shirt on his face and left the room with a smile on his face. I just knew resisting him was hard now. I wanted to give in.