6. Destiny

Jai

Jai

As we got back home and I settled him into his room, I knew I had to find a way to teach that Vinay guy a lesson. I wanted to cut ties with Vinay's dad's company. They would lose a lot of fame and money but Vinay deserved that.  After taking the necessary actions, I decided to talk to Dad about it.

Fortunately, he was awake, so I didn't have to wait till morning. I explained everything to him, even though it meant losing some money.

But it didn't matter; I was doing it for her.

Next day, I tried calling her, but she didn't pick up. I wondered why.

At some point, it hit me – I knew who I wanted to marry. It was her. I found her quirks endearing, her humour infectious, and her sarcastic retorts oddly charming. I could tolerate being around her for more than a few minutes without feeling drained.

Plus, she had to get married eventually, right? So, I thought I'd make things easier for both of us.

But before I approached her, I decided to talk to Mom and get her input. Mom was in the living room watching TV when I approached her.

"Hi, Maa."

"Hi, beta."

"What are you up to?"

"Caught up on my serials. Missed it yesterday, so catching up now," she grinned.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," I said with seriousness.

"Wait, let me go first. I've found a girl for you, beta. I think she'd be perfect. You should marry her, and I'd love her like my own daughter."

"But Mom—"

"Just look at her pictures before you say no," she urged, scrolling through images. She didn't give me a chance to respond.

When she finally showed me a picture, I was taken aback, shocked, and surprised all at once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anika

I was caught up in calling vendors and arranging all the details for the upcoming anniversary party. Things were proceeding smoothly, and I was nearly finished with my tasks.

The arrangements were falling into place just as I had envisioned. I hoped that the family would appreciate my efforts. I shared a photo of the stage setup I had selected with them.

As I was winding up my work, my phone rang with a call from my dad. His tone sounded urgent. "Come home once you're done with work today," he said.

"Is there something important, Papa?" I inquired.

"Not really, beta, but be here when you're done," he replied.

"Alright," I agreed. Usually, my dad likes to chat a bit before getting to the point, so I found it odd that he was so direct this time. I headed to my parents' place directly from the office.