12. There's no stealing you away from me

Anika

Anika

"So, guys, Jai's joining us," I announced when we got down to the garage, only to realize that we now had two cars to choose from—Aarav's and Jai's.

"You go with him, I'll take Varsha," Aarav suggested, smirking at me.

This guy deserved an award for all the matchmaking he'd been doing since college. He'd probably be the happiest if we got married.

"I need to talk to you about something important," I told Aarav, who gave me a skeptical look, and I nodded in confirmation.

"Oh, then I guess I'll be in the best car," Varsha chimed in as she started to climb into Jai's car.

Jai just shook his head, clearly enjoying the banter.

I sent them the location of the place, a small café known for its delicious Italian food. We were there for the food, and that's what mattered.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Aarav asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Chill, dude, it's nothing bad," I replied, teasing him.

"Thank goodness. I was so scared," he joked.

"So..." I paused for effect, knowing he hated suspense.

"Actually, I don't think I should tell you," I said, wanting to make him wait a bit in return for all his matchmaking efforts.

"Dude, seriously??" he exclaimed.

"Definitely," I said, grinning.

"I'm taking back my snacks that I bought for you," he threatened.

"You're not," I shot back, glaring at him. He burst out laughing, an absolute jerk.

"So, you're the first person I'm telling this to. Jai and I went on a couple of dates. And he came to my house the other day."

"Aha, go on!" Aarav urged, eager for more details.

"Though it was arranged by our parents, he still asked me if I wanted to get married. It was sweet, you know. We had to get married anyway, but he valued my opinion. So, here's the deal. He came to my place yesterday because I had to cancel our IPL date due to my cramps. After spending time with him, I realized he's the one. I told him yes. Soooo....We're getting married!"

Aarav pulled over to the nearest safe spot and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so happy for you both! My ship has sailed. You're finally family, Ani," he said, almost tearing up.

"I'm a bit mad you didn't invite me to the match, but it was a date, so I get it. He better treat you like a queen always," he continued.

I hugged him back tightly, feeling grateful to have him as a friend.