Sugar Baby

Imagine Type: cute

Warnings: diabetes

Status: Y/n and Chris are together.

A/N: Requested

Y/n's P.O.V

"Deep breath in. 1-2-3." Chris says as he clicks the device to insert my new dexcom into my arm.

I hiss. As many times as I have done this it still stings.

"There we go." He says with a smile throwing away the device.

I look at the back on my arm to make sure the dexcom is secured.

"Thanks Chris." I said giving him a quick kiss before standing up and grabbing my phone.

I open my app and start connecting my new dexcom to it.

"No problem gorgeous." Chris says standing up and wrapping his arms around me.

I watch my phone as I wait for the connection to go through. The screen reads "pairing completion will be finished in remaining: 6 minutes."

After 6 minutes my dexcom and phone finally connect. My sugar reads 97 which is good. I turn my phone slightly so Chris could see my screen.

"That's... good right?" He asked.

"Yes. I ate about two hours ago so that's about right." I explain to him.

"Me and the guys are gonna go record the podcast." Chris says kissing my cheek before leaving the room.

"Have fun." I said as I continue to watch my sugar.

About 30 minutes go by and I decide to go upstairs. I walk into the kitchen and see the sink full of dishes and the laundry baskets full as well.

I walk over to the washer and throw a load of clothes in before starting the machine. I then walk over to the sink and begin to do some dishes. I don't know but I just wanted to be productive. I don't usually have the energy for it but when I do I go for it.

Once I got finished with the dishes, I decide to lay down and take a nap on the couch. It was past time for my 3rd nap of the day anyway. I lay my phone down on the couch before fixing the pillows.

I grab a blanket from their blanket basket and struggle up to the couch; shortly falling asleep.

Nick's P.O.V

Chris, Matt and I are filming for Monday's podcast, some time in the middle of filming we hear this beeping sound.

"Okay but for real what the fuck is that beeping?!" I ask, getting quite irritated with the noise.

"I don't know Nick. Why don't you go and check it out?" Matt says as I begins to get up.

I walk out of the room, leaving Chris and Matt sitting. I walk down the stairs to see Y/n sleeping on the couch. I quickly look around the kitchen to make sure none of the appliances are making the beeping noise.

I glance back over towards the couch and see Y/n's phone lit up. I couldn't read the screen so I just knocked it down to her phone alarm going off.

I walk back up the stairs and rejoin Chris and Matt in the podcast room.

"What was it?" Matt asked as I sat back down.

"Y/n's alarm." I said, putting my headphones back on. "She's napping on the couch."

Y/n's P.O.V

I get woken up from my slumber by a slight shaking of my shoulder. I groan as I cover my face with the blanket before opening my eyes. My body not feeling too great, as it feels weak.

"Baby your alarm's been going off for about 20 minutes." I hear Chris said as my eyes adjust to the light.

I rub my eyes, thinking, 'I don't remember setting an alarm.' I sit up and look at my phone screen.

It was an alert from my dexcom app. My sugar dropped to 47. My eyes widen as I quickly sit up.

"Oh shit." I said rubbing my eyes.

"What?" Chris asked in a worried tone.

"I need to eat some my sugar dropped bad." I said removing the blanket from my legs and standing up. "Do you guys have orange juice?"

As I walk to the kitchen with Chris following behind me, I start to feel really dizzy. I feel my legs get shaky as they give out on me. I'm able to catch myself on the kitchen table before completely falling to the ground.

"Woah easy there." Chris said, quickly placing my hands on my hips to stabilize me. "Here. Have a seat and I'll get you something."

Chris pulls out a chair and I sit down. He quickly grabs a glass from the cabinet before grabbing a bottle of orange juice from the fridge. He pours me a glass and sits it right in front of me.

I grab the cup and drink the orange juice.

"Here's a cookie That should help too, right?" Chris asks as he sits down in a chair that he moves in front of me.

I didn't have the strength to verbally answer him, so I just nodded my head.
As I eat my cookie, Chris takes my hand and starts to play with my fingers; some he does when he's worried about me.

After I finish my orange juice and my cookie, I wait. After about 15 minutes, my sugar starts to go back up and I started to feel so much better. I breathe a breath of relief and show Chris my phone.

He smiles before leaning closer to me and kissing my forehead.

"Thanks for helping me." I said, weakly giving him a smile.

"No problem sugar baby." He says with a shit eating grin.

I look at him with a death stare.

"Imma kick your ass if you ever say that again." I tell him as he smiles widely.