Broken

Imagine Type: cute

Warnings: none (I don't think)

Status: The triplets meet someone new.

Chris's P.O.V

Me, Matt and Nick have been on the road all day. It's about 6 o'clock in evening and we are completely exhausted.

"I'm so ready for a nap." I said rubbing my eyes.

"For once I 100% agree with you." Nick says.

"Matt how long until we get home?" I asked.

"We still need to make it through the city." Matt says keeping his eyes on the road.

Nick and I both groan in unison. Just then the van starts to make a weird sound and start to slow down. I look over at Matt who's got the same look on his face as me. Like what the hell is going on.

Matt pulls the van over to the shoulder of the road and puts it in park. Matt unbuckles his seatbelt when the van completely stops running.

"What's going on?" Nick asks in a panic but yet calm state.

Matt groan before exiting the vehicle. He pops the hood and I get out to join him.

"The engine not smoking so that's a good thing." Matt says.

"So what's wrong with it?" I asked.

"I think the battery died." Matt says rubbing his forehead.

Matt and I get back into the van and sit down.

"What's the problem?" Nick asked.

Matt tries to start up the van but to no avail.

"Yep it's the battery." Matt says flopping back in his seat.

"The fucking battery died?!" Nick says, now a little bit panicked.

"It's okay. We'll just call someone to come kick start us." I said pulling out my phone only to see that I have no service. "You have got to be kidding me."

"What?" Nick asked.

"I don't have any service." I explained.

"Well if this isn't cliché. Broke down on the side road with no service. That's it we're dead." Nick says.

I giggle as Matt tries to call someone for help.

"Maybe we can flag somebody down." I suggest.

I get back out of the car and start waving my arms around to get a random car on the highway.

Y/n's P.O.V

"And baby, everything that I have is yours. You will never go cold or hungry." I sing as I jam out.

I went to see my friend who just had a baby and now I'm heading home. I'm just in the best mood. Peaceful car ride by myself and some music, the best.

As I drive down the highway, I notice up ahead a car broken down on the side of the road. There is a boy waving his arms in the way, probably trying to get someone's attention to help.

I've been in this situation where I was broke down but I had to wait on my mom to come to me. However I know this spot has no service so I don't know if they have help coming.

I drive pass him and drive onto the shoulder of the road. I put my car in reverse and do a turnabout. I drive back down and pull right in front of the car. I get out of my car and see two additional boys get out of the car.

"Hey. Y'all need some help?" I asked.

"Yeah. Our battery died." One of them stated.

"Alrighty. I got some jumper cables in my trunk. Go ahead and pop y'all's hood." I said before walking to the trunk and grabbing the cables.

I pop my hood as well and attract the cables to my battery for connecting it to their's.

"I'm Y/n by the way." I said, awkwardly.

"I'm Chris. That's Matt and that's Nick." The boy in the beanie said.

"Well it's nice to meet you guys. I'm sorry y'all's battery died." I tell them.

"Hey thanks for being so kind to stop and actually help." Matt says.

"I know how it's like to breakdown and not have any help." I said. "I just hope my battery's strong enough to give y'all a kickstart."

"I'm gonna see if it'll start up." Matt says heading into the van.

"You from around?" Nick says, trying to make small talk.

"I'm actually from (your home state/country)." I tell them.

"Really?" Chris says looking at me with interest.

"Yeah. I moved here not too long ago. Still getting use to it all." I said.

"Are you enjoying it here?" Nick asked.

"Yeah. It's really growing on me." I smile.

Just then we hear their van start.

"Woo!" Nick cheers with his arms in the air.

"Let it run for a second." I said.

Matt gives me a thumbs up through the window.

"I can't wait to get home and shower." Nick says hopping into the van.

"Thank you so much for your help." Chris says as I carefully take the cables off the van's battery.

"No problem. I'm happy that I was able to help." I tell him sweetly.

He smiles back at me before I go and take the cables off my battery. I close the hood and throw the cables back in my truck.

"Hey." Chris yells grabbing my attention before I get into my car. "See ya around."

"Y'all stay outta trouble." I said with a cheeky smile.

He smiles back before getting in the passenger seat. Sweet kid. I hope they get home safe.