Canny With The Flow

Harry knew he should've abandoned Niall and not wait. To begin with, it wasn't his fault that Niall had gotten detention for eating instant cup noodles in class.

"Wait for us!"

He ignored Niall and Liam's shouts as he ran.

It was the last week of school before summer vacation. The London weather was stiflingly hot, but Harry was an omega on the hunt as he jumped over the pavement, not caring that his uniform skirt was flapping indecently in the wind.

The sole destination in his mind was the skate park.

He groaned in frustration when the skate park came into view and he saw that the best spot behind the entrance fence was taken. He slowed down as he wiped sweat from his forehead and attempted to smooth down his skirt and buttoned shirt.

It wouldn't matter anyways since he knew the alpha would be caught up in doing his tricks. Actually, he doubted the alpha was aware of his existence.

He picked a spot that offered a decent view and grabbed the fence as he squinted against the blinding afternoon sun. His eyes swiveled around before finding him.

The alpha was wearing a fitted meshed black tank top, each tattoo standing out prominently against golden sun-kissed skin. He had on baggy cargo pants that dragged on the ground, only leaving the tips of battered grey Adidas visible.

He stretched out a hand to knock fists with a friend and positioned himself on top of a halfpipe (yes, Harry was so deep in this shit that he had googled the obstacle names in the skate park and learnt them after the first day).

He watched in delighted wonder as the alpha pushed off, neatly rolling to the other side of the pipe and kicking his board to do a flip in the air. He was so gorgeous, muscles flexing and crinkles sinking in deep when his friends cheered.

His wild fringe was up in a swoopy quiff and it was disheveled due to sweat and constant tousling. Even from this distance, Harry could see the glint of the alpha's lip and eyebrow piercings.

"Fuck, H, not this shit again!" Niall had caught up and threw himself against the fence, sinking down onto the hot pavement with his back to the skate park. "How long are you gonna pine over some random smelly-arse bloke?"

"He's not some bloke... He's—" Harry stuttered into silence as Niall raised a brow.

"You don't even know his name." Liam stated matter-of-factly, sinking down next to Niall.

"He's... A dream." Harry sighed. "A vision." Glancing back, he could see the alpha doing yet another fancy trick, seemingly not breaking a sweat as he nailed the landing.

Under the sun, Harry could make out the shape of his body through the flimsy tank top. He dug his hands harder into the fence.

"Why don't you ask for his number? Stop wasting our time. I could be home by now." Niall complained.

"I can't!" Harry screeched. He knew he was being dramatic, but he couldn't handle a straight up rejection. He certainly didn't want to scare the alpha and ruin his chances. "It needs to be natural. Our meeting... He has to fall in love with me naturally."

"You are so weird." Liam was shaking his head.

"What do you mean naturally? Asking for his number isn't natural enough? Jeez." Niall's grumble was already lost in Harry's ears.

Harry had no idea why he bothered keeping such unhelpful friends. Turning his focus back onto the stunning alpha, he could only sigh forlornly.

‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡