Surprise

Rachel's POV:

It's the next day and all the photos had come through onto the file so we could download them all, I have to admit they are really amazing and I love them all. Of course some are only off our eyes only but they are still brilliant. I am in the pantry trying to find something for me to eat that will fix my crazy need for food when I feel something rather wet flow down my legs, I did not just wet myself.

I look down and see a rather large amount of clear liquid all over the floor, it doesn't look like uridine. Oh my god. Oh no. Not today. I'm not ready for it today.

"NIAMH!" I scream at the top of my lungs, I hear her rushing into the room like a bloody elephant.

"What!? What's wrong?" She looks me up and down before locking her eyes on the water all down my legs and the floor.

"Holy shit!" I slap her arm trying to get her to focus as I feel a contraction coming on.

"Ughhh, Niamh please focusss." I grunt which snaps her out of her frozen like state making me giggle a little as I watch her now go into a slight panic.

"Okay baby, can you walk?" I nod my head as I focus on breathing through it all trying to ignore the pain in it all.

"Good good, let's get the hospital bag and we can head to the hospital." I nod my head as we walk over to the car which thankfully isn't too far of a walk.

We arrive at the hospital and I'm immediately taken in to one of their private rooms, I'm so glad I don't have to share with someone else because that would be rather awkward. The doctor comes in and checks how many centimetre dilated I am, I'm only three meaning I have a while to go yet. Niamh calls my mom who is apparently driving over here now, my dad is also with her but we had spoken and I had asked that they be here with me until I give birth and then they can come back in once I have given birth.

I'm laid currently holding onto Niamh's hand as another contraction comes on, the pain is increasing and I'm not sure how much more I can handle. We had come up with the plan that we would go for a water birth which I think is a much safer option for the baby, I of course am feeling a little bad for the fact of how dirty it is but I am doing what we think is best for our little girl.

Thankfully the only one entering the water with me is Niamh who was the one who actually brought up the whole idea of if all, the tub is next to the bed and I can get in when I want to but I have to decide before pushing if I get in because if the baby is born out of water I then can't finish in the water.

"Good job baby I'm so proud." I nod my head as I feel a cold a told towel being wiped across my forehead. Suddenly the door is opened and in walks my mom, she quickly comes to the other side of the bed and gives me a hug.

"Hey mom. I don't know how you did this." I whine a little making her and my dad laugh.

"I know it sucks honey, but I would relax while you can because you're not even halfway baby." Ugh thanks for the reminder, I really appreciated that one.

Time skip~

It's been four hours and the doctor has come in to check how many centimetres dilated I am, both my mom and as leave the room quickly for some privacy which makes me whine even more because I miss have them their to comfort me. The doctor has a look and sighs, well that's not good.

"I'm sorry Rachel but you are only just 4 centimetres dilated." What? How can I only be four centimetres dilated? This is going to be a long one then.

My mom and dad come in with a questionable look on their faces but I quickly shake my head, Niamh tells them how far along I have moved and they are both rather confused because both me and my brother we fast births so we are blaming Niamh for this one.