Visiting

Niamh's POV:

I'm so exhausted from travelling, I can't imagine how tired Rachel is, and now my parents are bombarding. Her with questions and everything when I'm pretty sure she just wants to sleep, I finally managed to get them to allow her some sleep so I guided her to the room we always stay in and let her catch a nap whilst I talk to my parents for a little.

We are only here for two days, well one night before we are driving down south to see her family which I think will be more entertaining because they are a rather chaotic and dramatic family so I will never get bored. Right now ma is explaining to me the correct way to look after Rachel and I've been doing fine for the past few months I don't know why she needs to tell me this now but I'm not going to be the one to tell her to shut up. Whilst Rachel is napping I make sure to answer all of their questions it will be quieter and calmer for her later.

"So honey how far along is she?" Dad asks with a slightly skeptical look on his face, I know it's going to look bad because she is so far along and we hadn't said anything but we were just in our own little bubble.

"Erm Rachel is around 28 weeks, and before you complain we were just in our own little bubble I guess." Mom looks a little upset but doesn't say anything, she simply nods her head before turning to look at her husband.

"Niamh you kept it from us for so long, you didn't even say you were going in for the appointment." Dad says with a slight anger to his tone, I understand he might be upset but we weren't sure it would take and there was a lot going on before we even considered telling our parents.

"You do understand that Rachel's parents don't know, we kept it quiet from everyone just so we could have our own piece and quiet for a little while." Mom seems to understand but dad is not taking it well at all.

"You know what. Fine, do it your way." I sigh a breath of relief, even if he isn't happy he isn't throwing a tantrum so I'm not complaining.

I'm gonna go and see if Rachel is doing alright." They both nod in agree, and let me leave the room. I quickly go into the bedroom and make sure to be quiet, it's been a bit of a struggle for Rachel to get e ouch sleep so I'm glad she is catching up on it now.

We spend the rest of the day recuperating and catching up on the sleep we had lost, eventually we all had a roast dinner before heading off to sleep. I made sure Rachel was comfortable and had a comfortable position before she fell asleep, the so-called comfortable position consisted of her hugging me like a koala from the side with her head in the crook of my neck, she has her hand up my shirt basically on my boob. I can't help but laugh a little at how odd of a position we are in. We slowly drift to sleep as I keep my hand rubbing on her beautiful belly.

It's the next morning and to say I'm stiff is an understatement, Rachel slept like that the whole night so I can now feel my bones ache every time I move. We got ourselves ready for the day and packed up our bags, we didn't want to spend too long with my family because my parents can be well they can be a tad excessive whereas Rachel's are much more relaxed and politer.

"Mmm Niamh can I have some peanut butter and pickles on toast pleaseee." Both me and my parents turn to look at her a little skeptical. That's a new one I have to admit, she has had a few weird cravings but that one is probably the weirdest one.

"Yeah of course baby, white or brown read?" I ask knowing she prefers different ones on how she is feeling on the day.

"Ooo erm brown bread please." Nodding my head I walk I to the kitchen like it's a normal task and make her the peanut butter and pickles on toast.