Arrival

Rachel's POV:

I have been in labour for nearly 30 hours now and I'm reaching my limit here, I'm currently 9 centimetres dilated last time I was checked, the water has been changed several times and I'm about ready to get this baby out of me. I ended up telling my brother he can leave the room if he wants to make one more joke which he did indeed decide to joke so he is outside the room sat on a chair after his own stupidity.

Niamh has been trying to help me in every way possible to move the baby along so we have had a couple more private times in the water to try and help me move along which they have indeed done. The doctor is about to come in again and check me for what I bloody hope is the last time. She walks over to me and I can see the pity in her eyes as I look up to her desperate for her to either say I can keep the baby in me and just forget about this whole thing or it's finally time for it to frock in her out.

"Okay Rachel, last check, I understand you have been here for a long time so we are going to try and get this baby delivered as soon as possible." I nod my head before huffing as I try and relax.

She takes a look and I look over to Niamh desperate for the baby to be ready to be out, the doctor comes back up with a smile on her face as she nods her head.

"Well I'm glad to say you are officially 10 centimetres, I'm going to grab all of the nurses and midwives and we can get this show on the road." I sigh in relief and look to my mom and dad who are at my head behind, they give me a kiss on the cheek each before saying good luck and goodbye.

With them out of the room and all the medical staff in the room I can see that there are quite a few, of which are all going to see my vagina. Lovely. Niamh moves so she is back behind me, I take her hand in my own and give it a tight squeeze. Another contraction washes over me I scream out in pain and brut my head into Niamh's chest.

"Okay Rachel, if you take your leg with you hand to squeeze on and hold up for me, Niamh if you could hold the other one, when I tell you I want you to give me a big push okay." I nod my head and take a deep breath, almost preparing myself.

"Okay Rachel I want a big push now honey." I nod before screaming out in agony as I bear down pushing as hard as I can.

I continue to push as hard as I can but when it becomes too much I stop and rest back down, Niamh's hand is stroking my knuckles making me sigh in relief. I take a few deep breathes, as I feel a stray tear fall down my cheek.

Time skip~

It's been two hours and I'm exhausted, Niamh has been amazing in trying to help me and comfort me but there has been little improvement. We have moved to a different position, I'm now on my knees with my front and arms resting on the edge of the tub as Niamh was at the side rubbing my back as I went to push again.

"Can't I please keep it in me!" I shout out to Niamh who chuckles a little before shaking her head.

"I'm sorry baby no." I can't help but mumble in reply.

"Such bullshit." The other nurses chuckle which causes me to pout, they are all ganging up on me.

I get ready again but as soon as the contraction starts I can feel a pressure, as though I need to poop, I am not pooping in front of all these people.

"Fuck me! I need a shit. Did I just shit?" I scream causing Niamh to laugh.

"Babe don't laugh your fuckin next. Why the fuck do people do this again?" She goes bright red as I smirk a little, however I'm quickly shut up by the need to push again.

"Don't worry honey, that's a good sign. Keep pushing." I nod my head at the midwife and push as hard as I can.

"That's it honey, one more big push." I push as hard as I can when I scream in agony before calming down again.