"He might actually be alive." Yoko said as they walked closer to the lake, fog was coming out of their mouths every time they breath, "I have never seen nor read a yeti and witch hybrid before or anything about a yeti. I thought they were just legends or myths. This is incredible." Wednesday remarked, "I have the same reaction when I first found out that Gunvald was a yeti." Enid replied, her tears were frozen icicles on her face.

There was a huge crack in the middle of the lake caused by the explosions, "If it did this here, I wonder what would it have done in the lair and the main building?" Divina looked at the deep crevasse in the frozen lake, "Thanks to Gunvald, we didn't have to find out." Bianca replied, "Let's look for him." she instructed.

The other members split up to cover more grounds and they continued their search for hours but they didn't find him. 

"I'm sorry Enid. But he's not here." Bianca said, "We did all we could but there were no signs of him." Yoko followed, "No... No... We need to find him, he's alive I can feel it." Enid said, "I'm sorry... But we need to rest. No one has ever gotten a good night sleep since the war began." Bianca told Enid, "Do what you need to do. I'll look for him myself." Enid wiped off her tears, "Wednesday give me some more of the potions." she added, "Bianca is right, Enid. We should get some rest. I'll help you look for him tomorrow." Wednesday replied, "NO! I'LL DO IT NOW SO GIVE ME YOUR POTIONS." she shouted at Wednesday and Wednesday knocked her out with a chop to back of the neck. 

"What did you do?" Yoko asked, "She needed to calm down." Wednesday laid Enid down gently, "I'll carry her back to the quad." Xavier said, "Go head back and rest." Wednesday instructed the others as Bianca stayed behind looking at the frozen lake.

"AHHHHHH!" Bianca shouted on top of her lungs as tears started streaming down her face, Wednesday stood behind her in silent, "I wasn't of any help... I am supposed to be their leader and all I could do was standby the sidelines as Gunvald and Enid sacrifice themselves. I'm useless." she fell to her knees, "You did what a leader should do. You thought of the greater good. Leaders always make the hardest choices. Do not blame yourself." Wednesday put her hand on her back. 

"You are a great leader, second to me of course." she followed, "You cracked a joke." Bianca sniffled, "Maybe. Did it work?", "Kinda. Thanks, Wednesday. If you want you can get your position back as the leader.", "No. It suits you more now. You were the pillar of all the people here so stand tall." Wednesday stated, "I'm sorry Gunvald." Bianca said before walking back to the others.

- - - - -

Enid woke up the next day extremely furious of Wednesday for knocking her out, she immediately went back to the frozen lake even if she was hardly able to walk. 

She tried sniffing for any clue or hint that Gunvald was alive, Xavier and Wednesday came with her and help in the search but they got nothing.

Enid's search continued for a week but all she got the same thing every day, absolutely nothing. 

Even though Enid wanted to continue until she can, she needed to accept the truth. 

On the last day of the search, all the members of the Nightshades and the students of Nevermore paid their respect for Gunvald. 

Enid brought a bouquet of flowers to the frozen lake and bid her final goodbye.

"Ever since the first day we met, my whole world turn upside down. We started as enemies but you grew on me, you changed me for the better, you helped me more times than I can count, and you were always ready to fight for others without worrying about yourself. That was what made me fall for you; your selflessness, your fierceness, and your bravery. I just hope we had more time together. I love you Gunvald. I love you to the moon and back." Enid dropped her bouquet through the huge crack in the frozen lake, everyone else followed; the Nightshades, the students, the civilians, the faculties, and Principal Blake.

Narration:

Five Months Later

It has been five months since the war between Nevermore and APEX ensued. Nevermore Academy was able to rebuild but decide to end the school year early, the Nightshades stayed and improved the security to another level, recruiting new talents to further ensure that Nevermore will be ready for the future.

Enid Sinclair changed in those five months, she lost her bubbly personality and replaced with a fierce aura of a warrior, not wanting a repetition of the war. 

Enid still haven't move on. She kept returning to the still frozen lake, wishing and hoping that Gunvald would be there waiting for her.

THE END... or is it?

Author's Note:

"Expect the Unexpected" has reached its end.

Hello! King Anoni Mus here. I just want to tell all the readers, THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!

Without you guys; reading, voting, and commenting, I wouldn't be able to finish this story. I never thought that this story would reach so many of you guys, 20k reads is mind blowing and it also pressured me to write amazing chapters and I hoped I did. 

I know I already publish a different version but I didn't sit right to me, I wasn't satisfied of how it went, it would have made the story even longer and I just thought that it was the perfect time to end it.

It's been a crazy year but we made it. I suffered many writer's block and at some point I even considered dropping it but I love this story and it seemed you guys love it too so I pushed through.

Again, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, I APPRECIATE YOU ALL.