VII. Getting Hunted

Gunvald's POV

"Mr. Osborn, remember be vigilant and be careful." I looked back and nodded in reply before walking back to class.

I still can't wrapped my mind on the idea that we were being hunted, "I hope dad and mom is okay." I muttered as I approached the door of the classroom. 

I can hear them talking cheerfully but as soon as I stepped foot inside, complete silence. I just went back to my seat and listened to the lecture. 

After a few minutes, everyone started murmuring and whispering at each other. I had so much on my mind that I tried ignoring them as much as I can but I can still hear every word; "Hey guys, later at lunch I will throw my food at him and I'll make it look like an accident.", "I'll do the same.", "Me too." I heard them plotting against me and it was lead by Ajax, "I don't like getting dirty." I said to myself as I bowed down on my table

Three classes later and the morning classes were over, the bell rang signaling lunch time. "Hey Gun, let's eat." Xavier suggested and I agreed, we entered the cafeteria and I can hear Ajax and some others snickering and holding in their laughter.

I looked around and saw them already on a table, I focused in on their voices and listened, "I think you shouldn't do that." I hear Enid reason, "You saw what he did to me, this is just payback." Ajax replied, "Whose side are you on?" he growled at her and Enid didn't reply anymore. 

"You seem distracted." Xavier tapped my shoulder which made me jolt a little, "Huh?" I asked, "I said you seem distracted. Did Principal Blake gave you a harsh punishment?" he replied, "No. She didn't give me any form of punishment." I said as I continued playing with my food, "Looks like you have no appetite." he said pointing at my plate, "Yeah, I just have some things in my mind." I told him then I heard, "Come on. Let's do it. This is for messing with me." I sighed before standing up and walking way from my table and on cue, "Where are you going?" Xavier asked, "I'll get more food." I replied, "But you barely eaten what's on your plate." he said but I just walked way then Ajax and two others 'accidentally' bumped into me and spilling their food all over my clothes, "I'm sorry." Ajax said and he didn't even try sounding genuine, "We didn't see you." the other one added, they were trying so hard not to laugh out loud but I can clearly see them grinning from ear to ear. 

"It's okay." I said and went out of the cafeteria, I was completely covered with pasta sauces, pieces of leftover food, condiments, and wet with sodas, water, and juices. "Hey Gun, are you okay?" I looked back and saw Xavier following me, "Yeah. Yeah." I removed some pasta from my shirt, "I already knew they were gonna do it." I added, "What?" he looked at me baffled, "And you still let them do it?" he asked, I nodded, "It's okay, I almost broke his arm so this is nothing." I said looking at my messy clothes. 

I went back to the Monstera Hall to clean up and change before going back for the afternoon classes. 

- - - - - 

The class ended so I gathered my stuff and left with Xavier, we arrived back at the Monstera Hall and I immediately jumped on my bed. 

"Ajax was not like that last year." Xavier stated, "Really? He seemed to have perfected being a douche." I replied which made Xavier laughed, "Yeah, I don't know what suddenly happened to him. Even Enid notice his sudden change. They even started having problems and fought each other very frequently." he mentioned, "Uh-huh." I commented with no interest, "You've been out of it all day, do you like to talk about it?" he asked, "It's okay. I'm okay." I smiled, "Alright. But if you want to, you know where to find me." he said, I laughed and nodded. 

I changed into comfortable clothes, a hoodie and sweat pants. Xavier was already busy at his desk sketching, "I'll get some fresh air." I told him and he just showed me a thumbs up. 

I was still busy thinking about my talk with Principal Blake, "This is what dad was warning me about." I thought, "I need to clear my mind." I looked at the forest and it was calling for me, after thinking for a second I went in. 

I was roaming and walking around when my ears caught voices, I wanted to check it out but after the Ajax and Enid situation I was reluctant.

I started walking away from the voices but my ears perked up when I heard, "We need to speed up with the plan. They wanted us to bring more.", "Plan? Bring more?" I repeated the words in my head, curiosity got the best of me so I slowly walked towards the voices, checking the ground for sticks and leaves and anything that can make loud noises. 

I don't want to get much closer since they might sense me so I stayed a few feet away from the source of the voices hiding behind a huge tree, "Don't worry. Full moon is in two weeks, that's when we start." I heard, "This sounds bad."  I thought, I wasn't able to recognize the voices. I heard them leaving, "What was that about?" I asked myself before shrugging it off, "I need to clear my mind, not filling it up more." I went back on my way and continued walking.

I was roaming around without any particular plans, essentially I'm just exploring just like what I usually do back in the mountains. 

While walking, I notice something a few feet away in front of me, a cave. The cave's opening is about ten feet and it was completely filled with darkness, I can't see anything inside.

 I felt happy since it reminded me of the mountains even more and so what do I do, I entered the dark and creepy cave. 

"Hello!" I shouted, "Hello..." the echoed answered back, I went in, stumbling a bit since I can't see anything. "I can make this place into my own personal rest house." I smiled at the idea. I started removing rocks and debris and moving huge rocks to form chairs and tables. 

I remembered that I have a huge collection of wood, from the trees that I broke down so I went to find the tree trunks and brought them to the cave. "Primitive tools will not be effective, I'll need real tools." I thought while lining the up some of the trunks trying to make a bed.

"Dad's lessons were worth it after all." I remarked while tying up the logs together. 

I was so invested with what I was doing that I lost track of time, "Shoot! it's already this dark." I said looking at the sky, as I walked out I started placing markers so I can get back to the cave without getting lost and I placed them on not so easily noticeable places so no one but me can get there. 

I got out of the forest and I immediately cursed when I saw a familiar greenhouse, "Oh man.", I continued walking and just like before, I started hearing sounds and most likely it was two people once again, "I don't want to be called a creep again." I muttered to myself so I walked faster until I found the main path and made my way back to the Monstera Hall. 

"I'm back." I announced as I opened the door, "I thought you're gonna end up missing again." Xavier commented still glued to his work on his desk, "I'll hit the hay first." I told Xavier, "Sure. Good night." he replied, I flopped on my bed face first  and closed my eyes.