XXIV. Broken Heart

Gunvald's POV

I saw her stop, "I know you're there. Stop gawking at me and come out." she looked at me with piercing gaze.

"You're not gonna show yourself? I'll drag you out if I have to." she declared, Enid have a different feel to her than previously, "She has super-hearing ability too, remember?" I told myself, "Alright!" I shouted in reply as I walked towards her with both my hands up. 

"I just want to talk." I told her but she just looked at me and didn't reply, "I... I remembered what happened that night." I said, her stare softened a bit then she turned around and walked towards a tree where I saw some equipment under it. 

She picked up a extra rapier and walked towards me and threw me the rapier, I caught it but I looked at her confusion, "What is this for?" I asked her, "Draw it." she told me, "What?" I replied, she draw her rapier and pointed it under my chin.

"Draw. It." she emphasized the words, "Uhm..." before I can say anything back, she suddenly stabbed at my neck and thankfully, my instincts kicked in and I pulled my head back and dodged her rapier, "WOAH! WHAT THE!" I exclaimed but Enid was not stopping and she continued stabbing and slashing.

I was using the rapier she gave me to block and divert her attacks, "Fight back!" Enid shouted, I managed to dodge and blocked most of the attacks but her attacking pattern started to become quicker and faster and following the flurry of attacks, I missed one and it stabbed my side. 

Enid pulled her blade out of my body and I immediately fell to my knees, "I told you to fight back." she told me as she swinged her rapier at her side removing the blood from it, I put my hand over the area where I felt the pain, I looked at it and I saw blood. 

Third Person's POV

Gunvald could feel the blood gushing through his wound. His instincts, mainly his animal instincts were going haywire, it was telling him to fight and urging him to transform.

"You'll get hurt more if you don't fight back. Fight back Gunvald." Enid told Gunvald as she slowly approached him, Gunvald was still shocked at what happened, he looked up and Enid was staring at him with no shred of remorse.

"Why are you doing this?" Gunvald asked, "Fight back." she slashed at Gunvald with the intent of hurting him and it pushed Gunvald to the edge and rage well up inside, he caught the blade with his bare hands before it reached him, blood trickled down his arm but Gunvald was not showing any sign of pain, just anger.

Gunvald stood up, looking at Enid, "I don't want to hurt you. I just want to talk." Gunvald said but Enid didn't reply and pulled the sword out of Gunvald's grasp. 

"Why won't you fight back?" Enid asked with shaking voice, "I told you I just want to talk." Gunvald replied, "I want to tell you that I lik-" before Gunvald could finish, she went forward again to attack and Gunvald just stood there without any plan of dodging, "Fight!" Enid shouted at him, "I like you, Enid!" Gunvald declared.

Gunvald's POV

I don't know why was Enid going this far, "Did I really hurt her so much that she is willing to kill me?" I asked myself, "I want to tell you that I lik-" before I could finish, Enid surged forward to attack. "I give up if you want to do it just do it. If you'll forgive me after this then so be it." I told myself as I put down my guard and closed my eyes, waiting for the rapier to pierce to me.  

"Fight!" Enid shouted at me, "I like you, Enid!" I confessed, I waited a for the blade but it never made contact with my body. I opened my eyes and I saw the tip of her blade few inches from my chest and it was shaking, I looked at her and she had her eyes wide opened with a surprised expression on her face. 

"W-what did you just say?" Enid asked, "I like you. I'm sorry that it took me a while before I could say that to you again. But I really like you ever since that day when you handed me the letter, I immediately fell for you." I told her and the rapier in her hand dropped to the ground, I stepped forward and looked at her eyes, her blue eyes were glistening because of the tears forming.

"I know that you're still not ready but I just want to let you know, I'm sick of hiding this from you." I said and she just looked down without saying anything. 

Third Person's POV 

There was a deafening silence between Gunvald and Enid. Gunvald's heart was beating out of his chest, out of nervousness. "Please... say something." he chuckled awkwardly, "I... I... don't..." Enid was stuttering and she wasn't able to look at Gunvald, "I have been thinking of what to say ever since that night but I still couldn't find the right words to say." Enid said and Gunvald's gut was starting to get a bad feeling, "But... I... We can't." she added and the words immediately made his heart dropped down to his stomach. 

Gunvald strength dissipated from his body, his blood ran cold, and the color from his face dissipated. Gunvald was staring blankly at Enid, "I-it's not you, Gunvald. You are a very brave, wonderful, and kind-hearted person, I just... I-" she was explaining her reason but Gunvald was completely out of it and he wasn't registering anything that she was saying. 

The pain from his wound started to comeback but something was hurting him more, his heart was breaking into a million pieces and it was the first time he felt anything like that. 

Gunvald's POV

I'm just looking at her and I can see her talking but I couldn't hear what she was saying, and I didn't want to listen anymore. I felt unbearable pain in my chest and I just want to leave and process everything,  "I understand." I said and I ran away without letting her say anything, I could feel the tears streaming down my cheeks, "F*CK!" I screamed in my head, I just ran and ran until my legs gave out and I stumbled down to the ground. 

"I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING!" I shouted as I slammed my fist down to the ground, "IDIOT! STUPID! DUMBA**!" I slammed my head repeatedly, I could feel the blood flowing down my forehead which was mixing with the tears on my cheeks as it all dripped down my chin. "AHHHH!" I shouted, I could feel the anger brewing inside me and for once in a long time, I didn't tried to control it and I let it consume me. 

Third Person's POV

Gunvald have no idea what to do with the pain he was experiencing for the first time in his life. His vision went red as his eyes changed colors from his normal green into the terrifying shade of bloody red which if someone stared right at it, it will give him nightmares. Then his hair turn white and grew, his nails become claws, white fur started to cover his body, and he didn't try to limit his transformation and he turned to a full-blow Yeti. Gunvald let out a gut-wrenching roar, full of the emotions which was heard by everyone in Nevermore.