Chapter 2

When Ai arrived home, the sun began to set, casting an orange hue across the sky.

She opens the door and finds herself surrounded by darkness.

"I'm home!" she shouts, No response.

"Where's Haru?" she thinks

She flips the switch, turning on the light, and as she steps forward, she feels something soft and furry brushing against her foot. She looks down and sees a small black cat sleeping peacefully right in front of her feet. A warm smile spreads across her face.

Haru

"How long have you been there waiting for me," she says

After saying those words, Haru wakes up from his slumber. He looks at her with his big green eyes and greets her with a cute meow. He comes closer to her and begins rubbing his fur against her legs while purring softly. She gently picks him up and carries him to the kitchen, placing him on the counter. She brings a can of cat food from a low cabinet, opens it, and pours it into a bowl on the ground and some water into a smaller bowl. Haru stretches, then jumps off the counter and digs into his food.

She brings out a box from a higher cabinet and shakes

"Cereal" she sighs "still got plenty."

In bed, Ai tosses and turns uncomfortably. Haru buries himself in her arms to comfort her. In her dream, she sees Sasuke being chased by two rogue ninjas in the forest.

"Sasuke, run!" Ai yells, following them. Although Sasuke gives her no response

Sasuke runs into an open area with no trees or bushes to hide in.

"Don't take this personally kid, but we were paid to do this," One rogue says

"It's the life of a shinobi pal, you understand." the other adds

The two close in on him

"Sasuke!" Ai shouts

Sasuke screams as blood splatters everywhere

Ai wakes up suddenly, sweating profusely. Haru growls and scans the room, sensing her discomfort.

"Sorry, I got you so worked up cause of a bad dream." She gently strokes his back, calming him down and back to sleep.

The next day, on a sunny and hot morning, Ai heads downstairs to prepare Haru's breakfast and some toast. She then leaves the house while Haru sleeps in the bedroom.

"Get ready to lose Hanabi," Ai says as she heads for the Hyuga mansion.

Reaching the Hyuga mansion, she sees Hannabi sparring with her dad(Hiashi). She watches in awe as the two majestically exchange hands and get a glimpse of their precise movements and speed. Hannabi pauses and turns off her Byakugan, the fatigue overwhelming her body.