Chapter 1

Five years later, after Ai has been enrolled in the Academy

She quickly leaps from one rooftop to another, straining to hear the distant chimes of the bell.

"I slept in again," she thinks. She sighs, "If only Sasuke were here and not on some mission,". "At least I remembered to give Haru breakfast this time,"

Finally, she makes it to the Academy. Facing her classroom door, she takes a moment to breathe. She gently opens the door, trying to go unnoticed but a voice calls her out.

"You're late," the voice says.

Fully opening the door, she sees all eyes on her. Iruka's sharp glare makes her feel nervous.

"What's your excuse this time?" he asks her

"Yikes!," she thinks

"Well...," she says timidly. "I-

Ignore the text

Iruka sighs, "Take your seat and open your textbook to page 31

Iruka sighs, "Take your seat and open your textbook to page 31."

She walks to the desks as he continues his lesson. She goes up two stairs and sits at a 3-seater desk with Hannabi and Ryuk.

"You've been late the whole week." Hanabi gently whispers to Ai

"What's up with you these days, you're usually not here this late" Ryuk adds "Not that you're early either"

This is Ryuk

"Sasuke's not back yet, that's what," Ai responds, the frustration visible in her voice

"So you're saying you can't function without him. But all I ever hear is how mad he makes you" Ryuk teases her.

Ai glares at him and he looks at her with an innocent face.

She takes out her notebook and pencil, flipping through the doodled pages, and eventually finds an empty one. Thinking of what to draw, she taps her pencil on the notebook while staring blankly at the page. Soon, her mind drifted away, and she started daydreaming about Sasuke and the potential dangers he might be facing. Seconds later, she snaps back to reality. Upon looking at her notebook, she discovers a disturbing drawing of Sasuke, his body lying in a pool of blood with a blade impaled in his chest. Taken aback,  she stares at the sketch, realizing something about it seems familiar.

"I've seen this before, but how?" she mutters, a bit uneasy. She ponders for a moment but can't recall the reason.

A bit frightened, she quickly erases it and pays attention to the lesson.

Time slowly and painfully passed for Ai until the final bell rang.

"Hey Ai, wanna come to my place to spar? Ryuk's coming." Hanabi asks her

"How about tomorrow? On the weekend!" Ai suggests

"Alright, see you tomorrow!." Hanabi replies

Ai walks away, waving them goodbye, and they wave her back.

Author's note: If you liked this chapter or any others in the future, please consider voting, it helps