Dishes (one off chapter)

A/N

Heyyy! This chapter was actually written by @the_forever_reader. Hope you enjoy :]  

------------------------------------------------------------------

//the house//

"DARK. Wash the goddamn suds off the goddamn dishes!" Chosen exclaims, rinsing the glass bowl again, with much more force than necessary.

Dark simply glances over before rolling his eyes and continuing on washing the measuring spoons.

"This is the fifth goddamn time. No one wants to eat soap, genius." Chosen says, muttering to himself, while scrubbing the glasses.

Dark simply smiles to himself while continuing washing up. Him and Cho Cho had been making chocolate chip cookies because Victim had left them alone with their thoughts for too long, to go get groceries. Without his unnecessary comments on their relationship (which always managed to make them blush but still weren't true?) they didn't have anyone to tell them how dumb their idea had been.

And now they were dealing with the consequences.

They had put their cookies in the oven and started on the dishes which had made a mini mountain in the sink. Lordy had decided to attempt to be funny and ordered Chosen to 'get back into the kitchen woman!' to which Chosen had no response apart from a death glare and a subtle blush Dark had missed.

He had also told Chosen that he was going to be rinsing the dishes. The only answer he got to that was 'no'.

So now they were both washing the dishes on separate sides of the sink and placing their dishes on their end to dry once they were done.

Except Chosen had decided that Dark sucked at doing the dishes and was trash at washing the soap off.

"It is COVERED in DISGUSTING soap which has been on your DISGUSTING hands. Has living with me taught you nothing? Of course it hasn't. You still leave your t-shirts all around the house for me to pick up." he scowls, rambling on.

"What's wrong Choo Choo? Am I getting on your nerves?" Dark smirks, glad he was getting so much attention. Lately the three besties had started cleaning the house (due to the number of t-shirts found) and the only real conversations the two would have would be about Dark's trash cleaning skills and his inability to keep a house clean. This argument wasn't much different, but Dark had caught the small smile on Chosen lips when he had been teasing him.

I mean-what-he wasn't looking at his lips-

"Why are you smiling? Did you think of another devious way to get on my nerves? How much more are you going to do?" Chosen teases, less grumpy now that he's fixed all of Dark's mistakes.

"Nah. Just plotting my revenge." he retorts, happy to join the banter.

"God you're annoying."

"You love me."

"You wish."

They went on like this until the dishes were finished. Dark would occasionally yell out 'do the dishes woman!' or 'get back into the kitchen woman!' at TCO but he learnt to ignore it, used to his antics by now.

Until Dark screwed up.

"DARK."

"CHOSEN."

"WASH. THE. SOAP. OFF."

"I DID."

"IT IS COVERED IN SUDS!"

"THE HELL ARE SUDS?!"

"OH MY-OF COURSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT SUDS ARE. IDIOT."

Dark started at Chosen. "I washed them perfectly fine!"

"Uh huh."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

Finally, they wrapped up the dishes, dried them off ("see! SUDS!") and put them back in their place.

By the time they were finished, after a long wait ("Choooseeenn. Why are they taking so loonggg." "I don't know!"), the cookies had finished baking . They put on their oven mitts and took out their own separate trays. They had to make two batches because 1. Chosen didn't trust Dark to not screw up and 2. Because the more the merrier.

They each took their own cookies and took a bite. They looked at each other, impressed. They paused. They looked at each other again, impressed.

"These don't suck!" Chosen exclaims.

"Good to know you had so much faith in us." Dark replies, rolling his eyes.

"Do you not remember what happened the last time we did something like this?"

They both zone out thinking of the last time they attempted to make cookies with each other.

//flashback moment (a literal 2 months ago)//

"DAARRRKKKKK," Chosen yells, chucking the recipe onto the countertop.

"WHAT NOW?! HUH?!" Dark screams back, sick of Chosen's nagging.

"YOU PUT THE GODDAMN BUTTER BEFORE THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS,"

"SO?!"

"NOW THE CHOCOLATES GOING TO MELT, DUMMY!"

"IT DOES THAT IN THE OVEN ANYWAY-"

A spatula goes flying towards his head.

//end of flashback moment//

"Yeah, that didn't go well," Dark muses, staring off into the distance.

"Really didn't," Chosen agrees, also looking off into space.

They both think about the food fight which ensued after the argument and how they both ended up with chocolate chips in their hair.

"You know what we should do?" Dark asks.

"What?"

"Call Vic."

"Why?"

"Because he lives with us? And is bringing us groceries?"

"Oh right,"

Chosen dials his number while Dark wanders around the kitchen eating his cooking musing over their taste.

Fire guy presses the dial button and after a few seconds Victim picks up.

"Vic?"

"What's up?"

"Are you coming home soon?"

"Yeah, I'm coming back with the groceries now- the hell is Dark doing behind you?!"

"Huh?- oh he's eating cookies."

"Cookies."

"Yeah. We made chocolate chip cookies."

"You-oh my god. I'm coming home. Don't do anything."

And so Dark continues walking around the kitchen eating ("save some for later!") while Chosen sits on the counter top kicking his feet, biting into a cookie. Not long after, they hear the door open and Vic steps inside with his hands full of bags. They walk over to help him carry them in and place them on the countertop.

"Okay, they were out of chips so I got popcorn instead-the hell is this!" Victim cries out, looking up at the small mess near the oven..

"Oops. We forgot to clean the baking sheets." Chosen realises, taking in the shower of crumbs all around the stove.

"Get back into the kitchen woman!" Dark laughs.

And so, Chosen made sure that Dark got his ass back in the kitchen and did the goddamn dishes.