🫧 40 🫧

jan 6, 2021 - week 21 - 1:27 pm

eyes fluttered opened and i was in a field. a flowery field. my best friend was standing in the middle. walking over to her, she hugged me and we talked and laughed.

"when is it my time to head back?" i asked her. "you haven't gone back yet. ashton's worried about you." she replied.

"when can i go back?" i asked, panic settling in me.  i looked and it set my heart rate off, nurses and doctors barging in.

ashton was pushed out of the way, tears spilling out of his eyes. my heart rate was finally back to normal.

everyone filed out, and ashton took my hand again. how long had i been asleep? "hey, uhh how long have i been out?" i asked her.

"it's jan 6, 2021. you have been unconscious for 7 days. one week."

"i honestly can't fathom that."

"it's not everyday where someone comes into this flowery field."

"how long until i wake up?" i asked, not ready for the answer.

"it's not up to me, but i can tell you that you won't wake up for a long time. something really happened in your brain that night."

"are the babies okay?"

"yes, they are fine, and are receiving the nutrients they need." she replied softly.

"i just want to go back." i replied sadly.

"you will go back, something unique was wrong."

"like what?"

"idk if i'm supposed to tell you this, but since you are having so many complications with your pregnancy, right now, you can only be pregnant one more time. that's it. unless you wanna risk your life, and have more than one more pregnancy." she explained.

listening to every word she said.

she didn't even realize how many days it has been, she hasn't known. she feels squeezes coming from her hand, that she didn't do.

she could see through a window of clouds that ashton was still sitting by her bedside.

"i feel like tingly stuff, is that supposed to happen?" i asked my friend. "it means that your heart rate is going up and down, they can't get a control of your heart rate."

"ashton's freaking out." i muttered under my breath. ashton was pushed to the side again.

i saw the heart monitor go up really really high, and then it dropped. the flatline sounded.

that was all you see throughout the room. ashton was pushed out, and calum was there, holding him. michael walked into my room, once the doctors left.

"you better wake up soon fay. ash isn't doing so well. he needs you. he loves you."

michael then left after that. i felt in my chest that i had to go back. i had to do something to get out of here. something.

"how can i leave?"

"you can't leave." she told me then walked away.

i looked down and felt ashton squeeze my hand, with my friend gone, i did everything in my power to do something.

i looked down again and squeezed. ashton's face lit up. he scrambled out of his seat.

i did it again, when the doctor came in. but he said that it could be false reading. i decided to do the unthinkable.

i opened my eyes.

sorry for the short chapter, i'm getting another chapter longer, i promise

- ASH 🤍🤍