Corvun idelogy, weapons, uniform and more

Corvus is a confederation of multiple states, with the ruling family being the Khorin Dynasty. In an effort to establish an alliance with Antares, Anna would be paired with Aran to establish a closer bond between the two nations, tested by the Southern Corvus War.

Corvun equipment

Weapons Pistols Malleus
Rifles T05
Submachine guns T09
Melee Club
Special weapons Anti-Tank Rifle • Flamethrower • Mortar
Utilities Grenades Grenade • Smoke Grenade
Support bandages

Uniforms:

The standard attire for the Corvun army comprises a gray tunic adorned with black buttons, paired with matching trousers. Soldiers complete the ensemble with ankle-high boots wrapped in khaki puttees, and top it off with a black steel helmet. Additionally, they are given a black leather satchel and a bandolier that are worn together as a full set.

The standard officer uniform in the Corvun army features a gray tunic adorned with black buttons and breast pockets, paired seamlessly with matching trousers and a belt with a shoulder sling. To top it off, they are issued with a distinctive peaked cap.

Guns:

The T05 is a straight-pull bolt-action rifle issued to personnel of the Corvun Armed Forces, firing at a rate of 1.8 seconds per cycle. The internal magazine is loaded with a stripper clip, holding a maximum capacity of 5 rounds. It can be fitted with the Bayonet for close combat.

The Malleus itself is a single-action revolver with a 6-round fixed cylinder and a rod under the barrel that can be pressed rearward to eject fired cases.

The Malleus shares similar damage to the rifle and a slightly faster rate of fire, but the accuracy can be a bit unpredictable, and the reloading is a tedious process due to the cylinder needing to be rotated after each chamber is loaded or unloaded to bring the next chamber in line.

So, it is highly recommended to not attempt reloading an empty revolver unless the area is safe to do so, or firing all shots and missing to not be caught with an empty revolver.

The T09 is a submachine gun issued to the Corvun Armed Forces. It deals considerably lower damage in comparison to the T05 rifle but has a much higher rate of fire at 600 rounds per minute. The drum magazine holds a maximum of 25 rounds loaded on the left side of the gun.

Like submachine guns, the DB Shotgun is a powerful close-range weapon. It is capable of killing multiple enemies close together with a single blast and its low accuracy becomes less of a problem the closer to the enemy it is used. Its eight pellets are fired in a wide conical pattern, meaning accuracy drastically decreases as range increases. The DB Shotgun suffers from low ammo capacity, poor range, and a long reload time. These issues leave the user vulnerable in open grounds and when reloading, so adequate cover should always be nearby whenever the user decides to shoot.

The anti-tank rifle is useful against Armored Cars, With the appearance of the first tanks during the Southern Corvus War, both Cetus and Corvus designed anti-tank rifles for common foot troops to use.

The first AT rifle was the Long Georgie from Cetus, a very long-barreled rifle chambered in a new bottleneck cartridge, the .308-44. This was the standard .308 bullet used by regular infantry rifles, except with a 0.44-inch diameter casing that held much more propellant. The increased velocity from the barrel length and propellant made this type of cartridge able to pierce early models of armored vehicles.

The Corvuns designed similar rifles, but as the war progressed and more armor was added to tanks, a larger caliber was needed. In the late-war stage, calibers had increased from .308 to .50-inch diameters.

The Flamethrower is a ranged incendiary weapon designed to shoot a controlled stream of fire. It can be fired continuously for four seconds before needing to be cooled down for seven seconds. It takes half a second to ignite the flamethrower. An extra thing to note is that flamethrower fuel tanks do not blow up when shot. They will only leak fuel out of the gunshot hole and even if exposed to fire, the leak would just burn, not explode. Hitting the pressurized gas canister on the flamethrower also does not result in a firey explosion, but rather a pressure explosion.

The Mortar is usually a lightweight, man-portable, muzzle-loaded weapon, consisting of a metal tube fixed to a base plate with a lightweight bipod mount and a sight. While mortars in real life are more of an indirect high explosive weapon, the mortar in Centaura fires an airburst shell which can send shrapnel down from the top of cover, good at targeting anyone behind cover or inside a trench.

 While mortars in real life are more of an indirect high explosive weapon, the mortar in Centaura fires an airburst shell which can send shrapnel down from the top of cover, good at targeting anyone behind cover or inside a trench