Chapter 39

{Eight and a half months later}

     Robert and Steven were in the zoo, Robert was teaching Steven different things about the animals, when he got a call from his mother, Terri.  He answered, "Hey mum, what's-," he got cut off by Terri saying, "Robert, no time to explain, but Ruth is going into labor and I'm taking her to the hospital.  Meet us there as soon as you can."  Robert replied, "Okay, we'll meet ya there."  Robert grabbed his 4 year old son and went to his car.  He buckled Steven into his carseat, then got in and drove toward the hospital, but the traffic was backed up due to a car accident.  Robert was praying, then Steven asked, "Dad?  Is mama gonna be okay?"  Robert smiled in the mirror looking at his son, then he replied, "I think she's gonna be just fine."  Meanwhile, Ruth was going into the delivery room, Terri went with her since Robert wasn't there.  The traffic finally moved, then Robert and Steven made their way to the hospital.  By now, Ruth and the baby were in recovery, Robert and Steven had been looking for them everywhere, when they seen Terri in the hall.  Steven ran over to her, and jumped in her arms as his grandma held him, Robert looked at his mum with concern and asked, "Where is she?  Is she okay?"  Terri nodded and whispered, "She's just fine and so is the baby.  They're in this room resting, you can go on in son."  Robert slowly walked in and seen Ruth laying on the hospital bed cradling the baby.  Ruth heard him enter, she opened her eyes, smiled and said, "I knew you'd be here sooner or later, but I wasn't expecting you right after I drifted off to sleep."  He smiled back at her and replied, "Yeah, sorry about that.  I can go and let you rest if ya want?  I just wanted to make sure you were okay.  I thought you weren't due for 2 more weeks?"  Ruth chuckled, then she replied, "I wasn't, but you can never count on babies to keep a schedule. She was ready to meet her family in person." Robert smiled, then asked, "She?" Ruth nodded and replied, "Say 'Hello' to your daughter, Rebecca Cheyenne Irwin." Robert smiled, and repeated in a very loving tone, as he picked up his daughter from Ruth, "Rebecca Cheyenne Irwin. That's beautiful, Love." Ruth never heard him since she fell asleep as soon as he took Rebecca. Robert leaned down, kissed Ruth on the forehead, then he held Rebecca as he sat in a chair.

     After Ruth and Rebecca were released from the hospital, Robert drove them home, and Steven was awaiting, with Terri watching him at the house, to meet his baby sister.  He helped get Ruth out with one hand, and was carrying Rebecca in her carrier in the other hand.  Robert held Ruth's hand as they walked up the sidewalk, toward their back door, Steven sat eagerly waiting for them to come inside.  Ruth got in the door, Steven ran to his mother and embraced her leg as she walked, then Steven saw the carrier in Robert's hand.  He was very curious, after Robert set the carrier down, Steven went over and looked at Rebecca sleeping.  He smiled and said to his dad, "What's her name dad?"  Robert replied, "Rebecca Cheyenne Irwin."  Steven smiled and replied with a question, "Becca?"  Robert said, "I guess ya can call her that, as a nickname."  Steven smiled, then he went to his mother sitting on the couch, he climbed up on the couch, then he climbed in his mother's arms, sat on her lap, and hugged her.  Ruth smiled, then asked, "Did you miss mama?"  Steven nodded, then Ruth asked, "Why aren't you napping right now?"  He frowned, then started whining about not wanting to take a nap, Ruth simply replied, "Steven Zachary, you are going to take a nap," so Ruth moved to her rocking chair, and sat holding her son.

Robert went to get his guitar, he sat down on the couch, then started playing 'You'll Be In My Heart,' as Ruth softly sung some of the words, she rocked Steven to sleep for his nap.  Terri said her quiet 'goodbyes' to Robert and Ruth, then she snuck out the door to go home.  Ruth continued to rock Steven, until Rebecca started crying.  Robert put his guitar aside quietly, took Steven to his room, and Ruth went to quiet Rebecca.  Robert laid Steven on his bed, then he went back to Ruth and Rebecca in the livingroom.  Ruth was sitting back in her rocking chair, holding Rebecca to quiet her.  Robert sat back on the couch, after he put his guitar away, and he opened up his Bible.  He began reading in the book of Mark, and Ruth listened as he read, and she continued to keep Rebecca quiet.

    Weeks and months began to pass, and with each passing day, Robert and Ruth's love for each other and their children, only grew stronger.  They began to teach Steven how to memorize some easy scripture verses, and they had their hands full with Rebecca at night, but they still found time for God, firstly, and each other, secondly.  They knew as long as God was the head of their home, no one could separate their bonds, their house would stand, on the promises of Jesus.  They didn't know what God would have in store for them tomorrow, nor did they know what God would have in store for them in the future, but as long as they had God and each other, life was good.

  They didn't know what God would have in store for them tomorrow, nor did they know what God would have in store for them in the future, but as long as they had God and each other, life was good

*Hey everyone, There is one chapter left.  Hard to believe it only took a little over two years to get this story written out.  'I'm so blessed' that people actually like my story.  Planning to release some new stories, but not sure if they'll be any better, or worse.  Thanks for reading! - GodLover