Chapter 20

Ruth spent most of her time talking to Bindi about all sorts of things. They talked about life, how Chandler and Bindi met, how Bindi was doing as a mother, and they talked about a very special subject. They talked about Bindi expecting her second child. No one knew Bindi was expecting again, not even Chandler. Bindi had trust in Ruth that she wouldn't tell anyone, especially the tabloids, about her being pregnant. Ruth and Bindi were having such a wonderful time chatting that they decided to go out on the front porch. Before they went outside to chat, Bindi went upstairs to put Grace down for a nap shortly after lunch.  Bindi quietly went back down the stairs with a baby monitor in her hands, so she would be able to hear Grace if she cried while her and Ruth were on the porch. Ruth had already gone out on the front porch while Bindi was putting Grace down. Ruth sat on a rocking chair to wait for Bindi. As Ruth was slowly rocking back and forth, she closed her eyes and got caught up in her thoughts as they swirled around in her mind. 'I am so lucky to be here with the Irwins and I'm so grateful for everything they've done for me, but I'm sad this will all be coming to an end. I wish I could just stay here forever with Bindi, Chandler, Grace, Terri, and Robert. But I know all good things must come to an end.'  Meanwhile at the Zoo, Chandler and Robert were getting ready to do a croc show right after lunch while Terri was busy doing work in the office. Terri had told Robert and Chandler their schedules the minute they had got in the car to head to work. Chandler had a full day, as well as Robert. Robert was doing an art show first thing in the morning at the art gallery, then he had a tour to do with a model that had flown all the way in from Paris. After the tour he got a break for lunch before the croc shows in the afternoon. All throughout his day, Robert couldn't stop letting his mind drift to Ruth. Chandler, after doing all the tours he had to do before lunch, walked over to where Robert was sitting in the Cafe. Chandler pulled out a chair while talking about his tours. Chandler stopped talking when he realized Robert wasn't listening to a single word he said. "Robert?" Chandler said in a questionable tone. Robert snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Chandler. "Yeah?" he responded. Chandler looked at his brother-in-law and said, "You're thinking about Ruth aren't you?" Robert nodded his head. "Chandler, can I ask you something?" Chandler looked at Robert and nodded for him to continue. Robert asked, "What did it feel like when you fell in love with Bindi?" Chandler's eyes widened at the question. Why would he be asking him about falling in love? Chandler answered the question the best way he knew how. "Well, whenever I would be near Bindi or see her, I would get this feeling I'd never felt before in my life. I felt like I was flying. I knew it was love from the moment I saw her." Robert smiled, then asked, "How did you know she was the one for you?" Chandler smiled widely at Robert and replied, "I fell in love with Bindi the moment we met and I knew she was the one for me after our first date." Robert had never heard how Chandler felt when he was dating Bindi. He smiled, looked at his watch, and said, "Oh boy, we're gonna be late for our first croc show of the day." They hostiled out of the Cafe and ran to the crocuzium. Robert and Chandler quickly got geared up for the show and headed out. The show was going good, but the entire time the show was going on, Robert's mind kept going back to Chandler's words, " I fell in love with Bindi the moment we met and I knew she was the one for me after our first date."  Back at the Irwin home, Ruth was still thinking when she heard the door creak open. Ruth's eyes opened rather quickly. Bindi smiled and said in a cheerful tone, "I didn't mean to startle you Ruth. I thought you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you but this door has a creak due to it being so old." Bindi sat down on a wooden chair next to Ruth. Ruth replied in a small voice, "Oh, it's okay, I wasn't asleep or anything like that. I was just thinking to myself is all. I do my best thinking when my eyes are closed and I'm alone with my thoughts." Bindi smiled and said, "Me too. Sometimes it's hard to find alone time when you have a little one like Grace around all the time and Chandler works a lot. We travel a lot too so there's not a lot of alone time for any of us. But we prefer to be together most of the time because of our busy schedules and stuff." Ruth smiled at Bindi and looked out over the plains surrounding the Irwin family home. Ruth and Bindi let out sighs of contentment. They looked at each other and laughed quietly with each other. Ruth looked over at Bindi and Bindi looked back at Ruth. They smiled warmly at each other, for they both knew they loved each other as if they were sisters. They had a great connection with each other and they both were afraid they'd lose touch when Ruth left Australia. Bindi looked away from Ruth and out at the plains surrounding the Irwin home. "Promise you'll stay in touch with me when you go back to the US?" Bindi asked. "Absolutely!" Ruth replied without giving the question a second thought. Bindi smiled, then her phone started ringing. She looked to see who it was. It was Terri with some very important and bad news.

*Hello everyone, I Have been having an overflow of words rush through me recently.  So, look forward to having a new Chapter of this story uploaded close to once or twice in the next few weeks.  I will try to update the story once every week but I do have to work around my work schedule.  I want to personally thank each and everyone of my readers for being patient with me.  "Thank You" all for over 2,800 reads, "Thank You" to all those who voted on chapters, and a very special "Thank You" to the readers that added this story to your lists. - GodLover