Chapter 32

Robert woke up earlier than he did the day before, so he decided to go out to his spot.  He was walking toward the stairs, past Ruth's door and saw her light was on, he could hear her talking quietly.  He was quiet, as she prayed to God that everything would go well for the wedding in 3 days, Robert smiled as he listened to her hushed plea, he had his hand on the door knob, ready to ask her if she wanted to go with him.  But, he decided to let her be alone and that he should go alone, as it would probably be his last time going out there as a bachelor.  He took his hand off the door knob, walked down the stairs, and out the front door to the Ute while putting on his jacket.  He turned on the Ute and looked up to one of the windows above the front porch.  He saw Ruth looking out the window at him.  He waved at her as he drove off. She smiled before stepping away from the window.  She sat on the edge of the bed, she once again began to pray, this time praying for Robert's safety while he was gone.

     Robert got to his spot while it was just starting to get daylight.  He climbed out of the Ute and sat on the hood while he watched the sun begin to rise.  While watching the sunrise, he began to pray for the wedding in a few days as well.  He heard the birds singing and he saw the colors melting into a beautiful sight.  Probably the last sunrise he would see before being a married man.  He smiled to himself while thinking about the wedding and the future to come.  A few hours passed, Ruth was sitting in the living room, reading her Bible, and she heard Grace running down the hall toward the steps.  Grace walked down the stairs, when she reached the bottom, she looked at Ruth before running over to her, and giving Ruth a big hug.  She asked if Ruth would go push her on the swing, Ruth agreed, and they went out so Grace could swing before breakfast.  Robert looked at his watch, saw the time and decided to head back to the house.  He climbed in the Ute, started the engine, and headed toward home.  Ruth pushed Grace for as long as she could before Bindi called and said, "Breakfast time! Come Grace."  Ruth stopped the swing, and helped Grace down before she bounded toward the house for breakfast.  Ruth walked behind her slowly and they both entered the house for breakfast.  Terri asked Ruth to go get Robert up, but Ruth replied, "He left this morning before sunrise.  I don't know where he went but he'll probably be here sometime soon, I hope."  Terri smiled and nodded.  They sat down to breakfast and Ruth volunteered to do cleanup after breakfast was finished.

     Ruth was in the kitchen when Bindi said to her, "We're going to the zoo.  Are ya gonna be alright here by yourself?"  Ruth nodded and smiled before replying, "I'll be fine, you guys go ahead.  I'll see you guys later."  Bindi, Chandler, Grace, and Terri left right before Robert got there.  Ruth was in the kitchen, she had just started doing dishes and she turned on her favorite christian playlist.  The first song on was 'A Little Faith' by Riley Clemmons, and she began singing along with the song.  Robert heard her as he walked up the steps and into the house, he thought he was being as quiet as a mouse.  She kept on singing while washing dishes and he crept up behind her ready to scare her.  She heard a floorboard creak slightly.  She smiled to herself and knew who it was. "Robert, don't even try it," she said in a sarcastic tone.  Robert smiled, hugged her, and asked, "How'd ya know it was me?"  She told him, "I heard the front door shut and a floorboard creaked as you came up behind me.  By the way, your mom, Bindi, Chandler, and Grace went to the zoo right before you got here."  Robert smiled as she turned to leave the kitchen, he followed her into the living room, and they sat down to talk about how they would set up the backyard for the reception.  "We should just do one long table so we can sit with all our family and friends that are coming," Robert said with a smile.  Ruth agreed without hesitation.  She then told Robert that she had a few close friends coming in for the wedding and that they would be arriving the night before the wedding.  He smiled at her and then she asked, "Just curious, where did you go this morning?"  He replied, "I went to my special spot one last time being single, since I figured I might go there more often with you than by myself after we're married."  Ruth smiled and nodded in understanding.

     Soon, Terri, Bindi, Chandler, and Grace came back to the house to find Robert and Ruth sitting on the couch watching a movie called 'War Room.'  Ruth loved the movie and Robert hadn't seen it before, so they pulled it up and were just finishing it when everyone walked in.  Bindi, Chandler, Grace, Terri, Robert, and Ruth all sat down to eat supper, which Terri had ordered and they picked up before they came home.  They all ate till they were full and then they all headed up for bed.  The next couple days were going to be very busy.

Hey everyone, You've all made it here somehow.  I know I've said it before but I REALLY can't thank ya'll enough.  Thanks for reading! - GodLover