Chapter 3

Robert told her he would take her home and she agreed. On the drive to the hotel, the girl was watching as the cars flew by the car she was in. While she was looking out the window, Robert kept stealing glances at the girl. He couldn't believe that he had never met her before. He asked her if she had family back in the U.S. She said yes and told him a little about her family background. She then caught him looking at her. He tore his eyes off of her and quickly put his eyes back on the road. The time seemed to fly by but it also seemed to drag out forever. They sat in awkward silence for what seemed like hours. Robert saw the name of the hotel the girl said she was staying at, he slowly applied the brake, and came to a stop out front of the hotel. The girl decided to break the silence and said, "Thank you for driving me back here Mr. Irwin." "Robert," he replied. She looked at him with a questionable look on her face and said, "Huh?" He answered her by saying, " Call me Robert, Mr. Irwin was my dad, not me." "Oh.........Okay, R-Robert. Thank you for driving me here and thank you for not reporting me walking into the zoo, even though I didn't know it was closed." He looked at her and smiled as she said all that. "You're welcome!" He said and she smiled back at his response. Robert felt something gnawing at the back of his mind, so he spoke up and asked what other plans she had for her time in Australia. She told him that she was planning on doing some sightseeing and going to some museums. He told her that if she didn't have all that planned into her schedule, that she could come back to the zoo before it opened the next day. The girl almost couldn't believe what he just offered her. She then asked him what he meant by asking her that. "I was thinking of asking you out on a date, and the date was going to be going through the zoo with me on a tour." Those words kept running through her head, 'I was thinking of asking you out on a date.'  She then answered him by saying, " I would love to go out on a date with you and I would love to have a tour of the zoo too." So, Robert and the girl agreed to meet at the entrance of the zoo at 6 a.m the next morning. She watched as Robert drove away, then she walked into the hotel, went up the stairs to her room, opened the door, and closed the door behind her.  She smiled to herself, she had never been asked out on a date before. The girl decided that if she was going to get up to meet Robert the next morning she had better get some sleep. She changed for bed, layed down on the bed, covered up with the blankets, and slowly started to drift into dreamland. 

* I'm glad I got done with this chapter.  The entire time I was writing this chapter, I kept imagining it actually happening and I was smiling the entire time that I wrote this chapter.  Enjoy!  Thanks!