Chapter 10 - My New Boss

"Good day ma'am, how can I help you today?" The receptionist said with a bright smile.

Ariane was a bit lost in awe and nervousness as she looked at the large business company.

The receptionist and the well-groomed staff both looked lovely.

Though this was more commendable, it brought back memories of her dad's company.

"I-i'm here for the interview." She said as she returned her smile.

"I-interview?" The receptionist voiced out in shock.

She is aware of the interview, but she also understands that men, not women, must be taking part.

She should have been rejected immediately after calling the number, so how did she even get an interview?

"Uh, I mean. Right. It's at the second to the ." She paused when she received a phone call.

"Sorry, I have to take this." The receptionist said as she picked up the telephone.

"But wait, what were you saying?" The call ended as the receptionist seemed to be in a hurry.

"Last floor. The thirsty-" the receptionist paused once more as the call started again.

She quickly answered the phone.

Ariane exhaled and walked towards the elevator, which she noticed at the far end.

'the last floor is the interview room? I thought the last floors were for bosses.' she said inwardly and got in.

The elevator took her to the last floor. She got out but was a little taken aback by hallway was strangely quiet.

It had only two doors, one was closer while the other was at the far end.

The one closer had a table and a chair Infront which made her go there.

She knocked on the door and received no response, so she slowly opened it and looked inside, but it was empty.

It was just a big office with a small living room setup off to the side, and no one was in it.

'something feels strange, why would the interview room be like an office room? And at that in such a large company....but the receptionist directed me here...' she thought

"Hello?" She voiced out and got inside.

The receptionist directed her here, it can not be a mistake can it?

She was standing close to the couch beside her as she looked around. Just then, the lights went off.

Ariane gasped, but she was not afraid as she sat down carefully on the couch next to her, being careful not to trip over anything or step on something priceless.

"Why did the power go off? Is it the fact that the company is engineering-related?" She muttered to her self.

"No one's here, was I too early? But it was the given times, or are they rather late? I just hope I wouldn't be too nervous for the interview..... Ariane, you can do this...yes, I'm brave and intelligent...'sighs' just wish they won't let me wait anylonger cause I'm freaking out..." She paused and rubbed her palms together.

The place was getting oddly cold.

"It's so chilly...why does the place feel so intimidating? 'sighs' it's aura reminds me of that insolent man. He gave off the impression of being extremely arrogant, wealthy, and powerful. I feel sorry for those who work for him. It's so hard. I hope my new boss will not be like him." Shutting her eyes, she prayed, "Oh Lord, let me never see that man again."

A deep voice then pierced through her thoughts.

"So unfortunate." Just then, the lights came back on. She looked forward and saw the chair turn around, revealing the person on it. She felt her voice disappear as the hair on her skin rose.

"We meet again, miss." Elian spoke with an expressionless face. He got to his feet, causing her to stand up.

'he's here? How is he here?! Did I say anything wrong? Hope I didn't say anything wrong!' She said inwardly, as her mind was jumbled.

Who would have thought anyone would sit in that chair in the dark? So quietly.

"I-i'm sorry, I didn't know that-"

"I own the company?" He asked with a raised brow and a smirk.

"S-sorry sir." She said and gave a bow, about to quickly leave.

"Work for me." The words he said caused her to halt abruptly.

"W-what?" Making sure he was speaking to her, she turned around.

However, he continued to gaze at her without saying anything more. Then someone entered.

"S-sir, sorry sir." The person who walked in spoke with his head down.

He only glanced at Ariane, but he was already nervous and did not want to add to the already existing problems.

"We apologize sir. We only tried testing the new technology but it took all the power away ..we are really sorry sir. We-"

"Assign someone to prepare the table in front of my office. She's my new secretary." He spoke plainly, which surprised them both.

's-secretary? I have not even responded, and he...' she thought, while the other man was speechless.

He looked at her, then back to his boos, who continued to stare at her with a blank expression.

"S-she is a girl-" he stopped talking when Elian turned to face him.

"I mean, y-yes sir." The man said quickly and left, avoiding Elian's glare.

"I-i haven't agreed to this sir. And the paper says-"

"Junior clerk? Being my Secretary is higher and I'll pay you triple the amount." He said which made her eyes widened.

She forced her self to control herself and politely refused when she heard him say again

"I believe you are capable, which is why they mistook you for a male."

"Huh?" She voiced out with creased brows.

"I wanted males, but fate brought you to me."

"What?" She enquired again, perplexed.
'fate? What is he saying?'