Chapter 34

I wake up slowly and I immediately feel that feeling. I think a lot of girls can relate. I slowly get up and the second I get off my bed I waddle to the bathroom.

I search around the bathroom but no, there was nothing I could use.

"Avila," I yell, I hear her groan as the bed squeaks under her as she jumps off.

"What?" She says her voice sounding annoyed.

"I-I got my period," I say quietly, no need for the whole house to know. "There are no pads in here, could you ask Grace, please."

There's a pause before she answers,"Sure girly." Her voice sounds a lot more cheerful and then I hear her basically run out of the room.

I have not gotten my period in a while but I think it was stress since when I used to live at the castle when I was stressed out my period would always get messed up.

I hear the door of the room open and I open the door a crack to peek out and see that its Avila. She smiles at me before handing over a box full of pads.

"Thank you so much," I say.

"Anything for you bestie," I roll my eyes as I close the door.

I put the pad on before walking out of the bathroom. Avila is laying on the bed sleeping again, her back facing me.

I walk over to the closet as I try to pick out the outfit I'm going to wear today. Definitely something that is comfortable and definitely not anything white.

I pick out an oversized tan hoodie and black leggings. I quickly put them on and then throw myself back on the bed.

                                                         Cleo's outfit:

One more day of the weekend and then I have to go back to work. Might as well just relax today.

"Avila, Cleo, breakfast," Grace yells from downstairs. I groan as I sit up and I shake Avila awake.

Her eyes slowly open and she turns away from me," I'm not hungry," She wines and I roll my eyes getting off the bed.

I grab the hairbrush on my bedside table and brush out my hair so it won't look like a rat's nest. I open the door taking one last look at Avila to see her cuddled up in the bed sheets.

Ugh, I wish I was her.

I slam the door of the bedroom when I leave hoping that I may be disrupted Avila's perfect nap. I put on a fake smile as I walk down the stairs.

When I'm on my period I am literally the opposite of my regular self. This means being mean as fuck. Also talking back and just being flat out annoying.

Mood swings are a whole other thing. My emotions are everywhere on my period and I can't control it.

You can't blame me if I kill someone today by accident.

"Cleo, good morning," Grace says when she spots me. She gives me a small smile which I return with a grimace.

Leo is sitting down at the table too and he offers me a small smile.

Leo freaking smiled.

Have I ever seen him smile before? I don't think so he only ever smirked. This brings a huge smile to my face knowing that I just saw Leo's first ever genuine smile at me.

I sit down at the table across from Leo. Grace passes me a plate of waffles.

"Thanks," I say as I pick up a fork and start eating.

"Is Avila going to join us?" She asks and I shake my head.

"She is really tired but I could go drag her out of the room if you want," I laugh at the thought knowing that Avila is way stronger than me.

"You can bring her some waffles if you want."

"No way, if she wants them she has to drag her ass down here by herself," Grace stares at me in shock and I just look at her in confusion. "What did I say?" I ask looking over at Leo and then back to Grace.

Leo snorts as he looks back at his food. I glare at both of them before eating the rest of my food.

When I'm done I pick the dish up and put it in the sink.
I'm about to walk back up the stairs but Grace starts talking, "Is there any way that you and Leo could go check up on the coffee shop? There is this new girl working in the kitchens and I'm a little nervous that she might mess something up."

I refrain from rolling my eyes, this is supposed to be my vacation day where I can finally relax. I am about to say those exact words to grace but Leo cuts me off,"We can, what time should we go over?"

Grace smiles at Leo," Anytime would be ok but I would prefer soon." Leo nods and I glare at the back of his head.

I storm off up the stairs, I guess I won't be able to fully relax today, thanks to Leo.

*_*

Periods are the worst *crys*