God please do this one favor for me

Three months had swiftly elapsed, each day bringing its own set of challenges and revelations. Devon, his sentencing approaching on the horizon, experienced a mix of nervousness and cautious optimism. Meanwhile, Alani, now eight months pregnant, diligently prepared for the arrival of her babygirl .Despite the trials she faced, she managed to secure her own two-bedroom apartment and continued her education through online classes, determined to complete her degree even after departing from Howard University.

During this time, KT paid Devon a visit, bringing news that added to the weight of their circumstances. He disclosed the troubling development regarding Dre, who was now facing an attempted murder charge related to Que's disappearance , whose body had been discovered in an abandoned lot weeks earlier. This revelation further underscored the dangerous and unpredictable nature of their past lifestyle.

However, amidst the turmoil, there were glimmers of hope and positive change. KT revealed that he had decided to leave behind the drug game for good, opting instead to pursue a different path. His decision marked a significant turning point, signifying a break from their past choices and a commitment to a better future.

As the conversation unfolded, KT mentioned Jae's attempts to reach out to him, seeking information about his current situation. Her persistence served as a reminder of the lingering consequences of their actions, as well as the complicated web of relationships that continued to intertwine their lives.

KT: "How you holding up bro ?"

Devon: "Honestly, it's been rough. But I'm trying to stay positive."

KT: "You got this my nigga, this shit slight you're built for this."

Devon: "Yeah, I appreciate that bro, means a lot."

KT: "Listen, I know sentencing day is coming up, but try not to stress too much. you got a good lawyer, and I have a feeling things might turn out better than expected."

Devon: "I hope so. I can't imagine being away from my babygirl for ten years."

KT: "I hear you, bro. But let's focus on the positives. You've made some changes, and the judge might take that into account. And regardless of what happens, Ima be here for you big dawg."

Devon: "I hear you."

As Devon ended his conversation with KT, they delved into the realm of sports, discussing recent games and highlights, trying to momentarily escape the gravity of Devon's impending sentencing. They reminisced about the camaraderie of watching games together and the thrill of victories.

After the call ended, Devon retreated to his cell, the weight of his situation pressing heavily upon him. He felt a surge of emotions, but he knew he had to stay strong, both for himself and for his unborn daughter. Holding back tears, he found peace in prayer, seeking strength and guidance from God.

With his sentencing day approaching, Devon leaned heavily on his faith, knowing that he needed God now more than ever. He hoped for a favorable outcome, not just for himself, but for his loved ones who were counting on him. In the quiet confines of his cell, he prayed, pouring out his hopes, fears, and desires, trusting that God would hear his plea and guide him through the challenges ahead.