you gonna ride or nah ?

Jae found herself in a small interrogation room, her heart racing as she faced the stern gaze of federal detectives. This wasn't just any routine questioning; these were the Feds, and they had their sights set on Devon for quite some time. Feeling the weight of the situation, Jae decided to play her cards wisely. With a hint of desperation in her voice, she offered to cooperate, hoping to strike a deal that would spare her from any serious consequences. After all, she reasoned, she was too pretty and educated to end up in prison.

Crafting a carefully concocted lie, Jae spun a tale about how Devon had coerced her into accompanying him on his drug activities. She painted herself as a victim, claiming that Devon had threatened to release a sex tape if she refused to comply. It was a story designed to absolve her of any culpability and protect her reputation.

However, despite her efforts to convince the agents of her innocence, they remained skeptical. They listened intently to her account, taking notes and asking probing questions, but Jae could sense their disbelief. The Feds were seasoned professionals, adept at sniffing out bullshit, and Jae's story simply didn't add up in their eyes.

As the interrogation dragged on, Jae's confidence began to wane. The weight of her lies bore down on her, and she realized that her carefully constructed facade was beginning to crumble. She had hoped that her charm and charisma would sway the agents in her favor, but now she found herself trapped in a web of deceit with no clear way out. With each passing minute, the reality of her situation became increasingly grim.

Federal Agent 1: Ms. Jae, thank you for joining us. We have some questions regarding your involvement with Mr. Devon Davis.

Jae: Of course, I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Federal Agent 1: Let's start with your relationship with Mr. Davis. How would you describe it?

Jae: Well, we were...we fuck and that's it."

Federal Agent 1:  just fuck ?. I see. And were you aware of Mr. Devon's illegal activities?

Jae: (hesitant) I mean, I knew he was into some stuff, but I didn't know the extent of it.

Federal Agent 1: Really? Because we have evidence suggesting otherwise. Your phone records show numerous calls and texts between you and Mr. Davis, discussing drug deals and transactions.

Jae: (sweating) Look, I might have known a little about what he was doing, but I swear I didn't have no involvement !

Federal Agent 1: Interesting. Because according to your statement, Mr. Davis forced you to accompany him on these runs. Is that correct?

Jae: (nervously) Yes! He threatened to ruin my reputation if I didn't go along with it."

Federal Agent 1: And what about this sex tape you mentioned? Care to elaborate on that?

Jae: (stammering) It was...uh..amazing first things first ...but, he said he would release the tape to the entire campus if i didn't go with him."

Federal Agent 1: Ms. Jae, I'm afraid your story doesn't quite add up. We have reason to believe you were an accessory in Mr. Davis activities."

Jae: (defeated) I...well i wasn't soo ....."

Federal Agent 1: "yeah we'll be in touch, Ms. Jae. Thank you for your time."

As Jae sat in the interrogation room alone, she sat in nonchalance, confident that her fabricated stories had successfully navigated her through the situation. With a casual roll of her eyes, she reflected on the predicament she found herself in, contemplating how her actions had led her to this moment. Despite the gravity of the situation, Jae remained composed, believing that her ability to manipulate the truth would ultimately absolve her of any wrongdoing. However, deep down, a sense of unease gnawed at her conscience, hinting at the potential consequences of her deceit.