An Unlikely Pair

Josie couldn't sleep she'd been waiting for Hope, Rafael, Kaleb, and her father to return. She also couldn't help but be a little concerned about the spell Lizzie had come up with to help Titan communicate with them. Her sister had gotten tired of using sign language to communicate and found a spell to make things easier.

Titan could now use telepathy to an extent. While he couldn't read anyone's mind he could project his own thoughts so those at the school understood him without Josie or Hope needing to translate.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud crashing sound. Putting on her bath robe she headed out of her room it was past curfew and a full moon. All the vampires and witches were in their dorms and the wolves were in the transition cells. So either another monster had found its way to the school or someone was sneaking out.

As she got to the main hall she groaned at the mess she'd have to clean up. On the ground was the door to the entrance of the school and the entrance to the school looked was completely demolished Titan had come crashing through the wall like the kool aid man.

"Titan what are you doing!" Josie demanded angrily before noticing Hope was in his arms. Her eyes were puffy she'd obviously been crying. What had happened? Where was her dad?

"Is she okay? Where's my dad?" The siphoner asked  taking a step towards the ape holding her friend.

<Hope sad but no harm. Father return with fanged ones and wolf boy soon.> came the ape's reply. Josie let out a sigh of relief knowing that fanged ones meant MG and Kaleb and wolf boy was Rafael. Titan looked around the hall.

<Where Hope sleep?> the gorilla asked Josie who was the only one here at the moment. Knowing that the giant gorilla was not going anywhere until he knew Hope was safe she lead the way to Hope's room. Thankfully the school corridors were wide enough that Titan could make his way down the halls without much trouble.

Once they arrived at Hope's room Titan handed the sleeping Hope over to Josie saying that the entrance was too small.

Titan opened the door to the Tribrids room before sitting on the floor.

"What are you doing?" Josie asked after placing her friend on the bed and putting the blanket on here. To which Titan responded that Hope needed someone so he'd stay. Knowing that there'd be issues with a nine foot gorilla sleeping in the hall Josie said that she'd spend the night with Hope.  Thankfully this satisfied the massive beast enough that he agreed to sleep outside the entrance to the school.

****

Hope awoke the next morning to find herself in her own room, on her own bed next to a sleeping Josie. She was so confused then Remembered last nights events she'd been overwhelmed by the horrific sight of Landon's drained corpse.

The shock and grief of losing someone else that she might have been developing feelings for had caused her to break down. The last thing she remembered was trying to comfort a crying Rafael in her arms only to break down herself.

"Rafael and my dad got back a few hours after Titan bought you back her, I'm sorry about Landon." Came Josie's soft voice.

"Thanks but I think you need to save the sympathy for Raf." Hope said she might've been developing feelings for Landon but they weren't that strong. It was probably the sight of Raf grieving over Landon that had caused Hope break down. It had remained her of the day her mother died.

"Wait, Titan bought me back?" She asked sitting up wondering how he was able to fit in the door to the school.

"He did and before you ask he got in by making the entrance to the school bigger. I was only able to convince him to go back outside by spending the night with you." Hope couldn't stop herself from smiling the thought of a student heading to breakfast only to be blocked by a giant sleeping gorilla was hilarious to her. Almost as hilarious as when he hurled the Necromancer off the school grounds the force that her friend had used to throw him Hope was pretty sure the man either was on the other side of the world or in orbit.

A Few Months Later

A few months passed and Titan found most of his time was being spent with Hope and the Twins Hope had improved the spell that allowed them to her Titans thoughts. So instead of talking like a caveman he now spoke in full sentences. Another thing that changed was his size some how he'd shrunk from nine feet to 6'1 it wasn't clear what caused it. Maybe the curse had been broken or maybe it was because of the lack of monsters to fight.

One thing that seemed to concern everyone was how drawn Titan was to things that were connected to Malivore. It was almost like he was created to battle the monsters that Malivore sent. Things became more complicated when titan told Hope he missed the jungle while he liked it here there was no fruit to gather, no trees to climb, no river to drink from, and the cave the girls had replicated was not his cave.

The only thing keeping him here was the fact he was no longer alone. Titan had been alone for as long as he could remember he didn't know how many moons it had been in isolation. To go back to that after having found humans that didn't shoot him was unthinkable.

So he decided he'd stay if only for Hope and the twins. Little did he know that staying would be the cause of many events to come.

****

It was a week after the pageant and Titan found himself in school woods  eating fruit that Josie had brought him. When he saw a bunch of vehicles approaching the school. Once they stopped the gorilla felt a surge of rage as many men with guns got out of the cars.

He was about to charge the men when something struck him in the neck grunting he pulled it out looking at it he shook off the effects of the tranquilizer dart. Many men had tried using such things in attempt to capture him when he lived in the jungle. A dozen men appeared from there hiding places pointing guns at him.

"We have engaged the target."

"Remember we need it alive."

The last thing the ape remembered was being riddled with numerous tranquilizer darts and the last thing he heard was a man saying, "Target neutralized."

____________________________

A/N: next up is the events of 1x16. I know this chapter was shorter then the last but I needed to either have Titan or Hope kidnapped and seeing as how there was a time skip there have been no monsters to fight and things have been mostly peaceful at the school. Which is why he was caught off guard. Now the events that happen during 1x14-1x16 still took place meaning miss mystic falls, Lizzie's meltdown, discovering the Merge, and Penelope leaving.

All that happened during the three months. In the next few chapters will explain the connection between Titan and Malivore. It will also be longer meaning I might have to split it into three parts like the last chapter.

Lastly if I involve Hope's family during the battle they will have there powers. However only three out of the six family members will be in the battle the other three and Caroline will be trying to locate Titan.