Rescue

It took a few days but the witches were able to gain the gorilla's trust, and began to gauge his intelligence and capacity for emotion. It was fascinating to say the least. He understood English but couldn't exactly communicate with words.

"You know if we can't break the curse he could always stay in the woods at the school he is supernatural after all." Josie suggested as her and Lizzie were gathering fire wood.

"Oh that would be a fun conversation," Lizzie said rolling her eyes. "Hey daddy, we can't change the gorilla back,  I know our school is filled with vampires, werewolves, and witches but could he stay in the woods where the wolves run?"

"Good point but what do we do if we can't break the..." Josie began but stopped as a look of fear crossed Lizzie's face she looked very pale. Josie took a deep breath.

"Lizzie is there something behind me?" She asked slowly. The blonde nodded slowly in response.

"What is it?" The brunette asked seeing the terror on her sister's face.

Uh, Josie it's a jaguar." Josie turned around slowly, sure enough standing in front of them enjoying a freshly killed meal was a 165 pound jaguar. both girls backed up slowly as not to disturb the animal. The twins knew for a fact that the large cat in front of them could run much faster then they could.

Turning they saw another jaguar emerging from the woods it snarled and leapt at both girls. Miraculously it missed and both girls cast a spell making them invisible before running into a cave. It was pitch black Josie took out her phone and texted Hop.

J: Need help NOW!

H: Got your scent were are you?

J: Cornered by big hungry jungle cat!

Lizzie did her best to control her breathing. This was bad, two large hungry cats were outside, the spell had worn off, and now they had to get more fire wood. She felt her sister arm around her shoulder. She knew Josie was attempting to comfort her. It would help if her twins arm wasn't so dry."Jo, you got to moisturize more, your arms feel like scales." Lizzie whispered.

"What are you talking about?" Josie whispered. She was in front of Lizzie not beside her.

"I'm talking about your arm that's around my shoulder." Lizzie responded.

"Lizzie, I'm not touching you." Her sister said her tone had a mixture of confusion and fear in it.

"Then, what is?" Lizzie asked begging to panic. The response didn't come from her sister or a voice but from the sound of a rattle.

***

The sound of screaming filled the cave as both twins ran out avoiding the venomous reptile. Sadly the jaguar was still waiting, having nothing to siphon both twins hid behind a fallen tree.

The two were so shaken that they didn't see a third jaguar that was sleeping behind them. They didn't see it open its eyes, they didn't, hear it yawn, and the fact it didn't make a sound as it approached them with stealth didn't help.

They would have been dead if a white wolf didn't leap in front of the jaguar tackling it. Hope stood between the twins and the jungle cat baring its fangs. The twins climbed into a tree so they wouldn't get in the way.

The wolf and cat leapt at each other. Hope had human intelligence on her side but the jaguar was bigger, stronger, and faster. The wolf yelped in pain as the giant cat bit it and batted it aside with its paw.

"Hope!" Josie cried as the jaguar turned its attention to the girls.

"We're safe up here right? I mean cats hate trees." Lizzie said. In response the predator leapt missing them by inches. The twins screamed.